Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart’s service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing ceo@3dcart.com so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
• Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
• While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
• We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
• Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
• Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Re order of sub categories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re order of sub categories

Hello all,

Ever since my site was updated to 7.5.0 I am unable to re-order my subcategories. I can add a new subcategory to a category and it automatically places in the last position. (I have my sub categories alphabetized so I need to then move the new sub cat to the proper spot). I called CS and (of course) they were able to move the position of my sub cat. I tried again today and still cannot reorder sub cats. I again called CS and they are not able to replicate my issue, they have no problem re ordering the sub cats. I have tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I have cleared cookies and cache. Has this issue happened to anyone since the new version has come out? The only suggestion the CS rep gave me was to video my trying the re order the sub categories, but said that since they cannot replicate the issue, I would probably never get an answer ((((makes my want to leave 3DCart)))). If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know how you fixed it or if you found a work around.

Thanks,
    -Deby

J'aime Paris Is this in regard to how they show in the admin back end, website front end or both? Do the categories move (drag&drop) in the admin panel at all in any browser?
    TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter
    **TIP THE "HELP" JAR**

Comment

Hi thecartdesigner

This is both in the admin back end and website front end. I am not able to drag and drop in any browser.

-Deby

Comment

J'aime Paris If it is both then there is a definite issue somewhere (just for reference I have no issues moving categories in any browser and have tested 8 stores). Taking a video through something like screencast-o-matic of what you see is not a bad idea. But you should also demand the opposite. Have them video reordering YOUR categories in your admin panel. That will prove whether they can really replicate the issue or not. If they show moving the cats in your admin panel without issue, then possibly there is something local on your end that may be stopping the process like a cross browser addon.
        TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter
        **TIP THE "HELP" JAR**

Comment

J'aime Paris I have tested on my store and on my end it seems to be windows version related issue. on mac i was able to drag and drop. on windows 8.1 I was able to drag and drop on both chrome and Firefox. but on windows 10 i was unable to drag and drop on chrome. but i was able to do that using Firefox on windows 10. Are you using windows or mac? if windows, what version are you using? Try to test on different version
          TangoPixel.com
          Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.

Comment

cartexpert

Per J'aime Paris
            I have tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome. I have cleared cookies and cache.
            Per Me
            (just for reference I have no issues moving categories in any browser and have tested 8 stores)
            I have verified working without issue in Windows 8.1 and 10: Chrome, IE, FF so since there are different findings it still requires the proper verification of issue by 3dcart support. You can't make people switch os/browsers just because something doesn't work in another. People can self verify different instances but in the end it doesn't make a difference what modern os version is being used, only that each modern current version os/browser should be properly supported and tested by the system provider.
            TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter
            **TIP THE "HELP" JAR**

Comment

thecartdesigner

Great idea on asking CS to also video their end. This morning I went into admin (using Windows 7 Pro) and I was able to re order sub cats by dragging. I have not yet tried in Firefox and Chrome. Although I generally do not use IE (doesn't seem play nicely with some features I use when adding products), if I need to use IE for certain functions so be it. I can easily switch to Firefox or Chrome to finish, if necessary. Who knows if it was just a weird glitch. I was only updated to 7.5 the other day so maybe it took a little time for all the new updates to settle in??

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

-Deby

Comment

J'aime Paris Definitely check the others when you get a chance and let support know if the others aren't working on your end. I just tried my sons win 7 and was able to drag/drop in all browsers there also. I know when running a store you have to do whatever it takes at the moment like switching browsers... But of course you shouldn't have to.
                TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter
                **TIP THE "HELP" JAR**

Comment

thecartdesigner

At home I am able to drag/drop no matter what browser I am in. The problem seems to be only at my brick and mortar store's computer. I made Chrome my default browser (at the store) hoping that would make a difference, but not. I can do everything else I need to do (so far) except drag/drop. Oh well, I am going to open another ticket and see what transpires.

I appreciate your help.

-Deby

Comment

J'aime Paris This seems to be affecting a specific windows version and possible browser. We will need to look into this with the developers possibly. I found the ticket you've submitted and will have someone investigate further.

Comment

Working...
                    X