Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart’s service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing ceo@3dcart.com so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
• Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
• While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
• We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
• Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
• Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Monsoon Stone Edge alternative?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Stone Edge alternative?

Hi all,

We've been using Monsoon Stone Edge for the past few years, and while it has certainly streamlined a lot of tasks that were previously tedious, it's gotten to the point where the bugs (debug errors, random errors, and one computer can no longer process orders -- unknown as to why) and random headaches with that software has me wondering if anything else exists out there that functions in the same manner, but is more reliable (and preferably cloud based, though not a deal breaker).

Anything else out there that works in the same manner, but perhaps isn't an astronomically expensive system :)

Thanks!
    James

Just for accounting? If so you could try Sage 50 - there's a cloud-based version.

If you're looking for ERP software, I know some people who use Brightpearl and really like it - it's cloud based. You can also try Odoo, which used to be Open ERP. I know of more but can't recall them at this moment.

Oh, and about Stone Edge - I know that at one point there were two versions, the klunky and slow version and the newer Enterprise version that utilized
    an SQL database. If you're on the klunky version you may want to consider Enterprise. Then again maybe my understanding is out-of-date - it's been a while since I used Stone Edge.
    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Thanks DeanP ! I'll look into each of those and see if it will work for us. I really appreciate that!

Looking for more of the ERP features over accounting.

For Monsoon, we have the SQL database version (I suppose the Enterprise version?)...if that's considered the faster and less buggy one, I'd hate to see what their older version was like! :)

Thanks again!
      James

Comment

JR123 We also use Stone Edge, however I never upgraded to the Monsoon 6.0 and latter versions. We are still on 5.938, I think it was the last stable version prior to the "UPGRADE". Overall it is very stable, and we hardly ever run into bugs, and I have been through lots of older buggy versions.
        It runs on Access not SQL, so it might be slower, but at least it is stable. Maybe you can downgrade.
        One caveat, is that it is not PCI compliant, so you can capture and refund transactions, but I would not recommend processing new transactions through it, although you can.

Comment

We are on 7.027 Standard version and we don't have any issues running it.

Comment

Thanks elightbox and ohc ! We have Access that runs the program + a SQL database (we're using Version 7.1, PCI), so I'm not really sure what causes the issues...I'm not a technically savvy person to begin with...somewhat, but not tremendously by any means.

I've thought that it might have to do with running a version that is already 3+ years old (I believe 7.1 was rolled out in 2014), so maybe I should consider upgrading to a more recent version and see what happens. When we first started using the software, I read horror stories of upgrading versions...so I was holding off on doing so ("don't fix something that isn't broken"), but now that it seems to be getting buggier by the day, maybe it's worth taking a second look at.

Thanks again!
            James

Comment

Are there even upgrades available? I dropped my support contract when Monsoon couldn't manage to get me converted to PCI and am on 7.0xx.

I guess they have a new owner, and are working towards a cloud solution, but information is so sparse about the new product(s) on the website and forums, it scares me greatly.

DaveW

Comment

That's a good question DaveW , it's been a while since I've looked in their "download gateway". Way back when, there were options to download future release versions that we weren't using at the time, but it's been a LONG time since I've looked, and I have no idea if that even still exists. I'll have to check it out.

I started hearing about the sale of their company and a planned cloud based platform a while back, and like you, I've heard virtually nothing since. No updates, no scheduled release dates, no further information...

Thanks!
                James

Comment

StoneEdge has pretty much stopped development of their desktop version. On my download gateway it is still 7.027 (10/15). They are focused on a cloud version. They supposedly released an entry level version of Fusion. However, I don't know anybody using it. Fortunately the 7.027 is working for us. They did a blog post on Fusion in January.
                  http://stoneedge.com/introduction-st...entry-edition/

Comment

Thanks ohc ! I didn't realize that they've stopped development on their desktop version. Looks like I'm either waiting for the cloud based to actually be rolled out, though with an unknown timeline I don't know how long I am willing to wait with our buggy version, or moving on to something else.

Thanks!
                    James

Comment

Working...
                    X