3dcart Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software

Live Chat 800-828-6650

Go Back   3dcart Shopping Cart Software Forums > Shopping Cart Software > General Configuration Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:22 PM
3dcart Geek

Default Wholesale Account Sign In

Just curious about wholesale accounts. Do any of you store owners offer wholesale account for bulk pruchases or drop shipping and how do you handle it?
Thanks,
mark
Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 AM
3dCart Newbie

For the wholesale aspect you can use the pricing levels in the product advanced tab. Then give your wholesale customers that pricing level.

As far as drop ships I do not believe there is a viable solution for this. We drop ship most of our higher end stuff, and we just manually do it.

JJ
Blower Door
Old 12-04-2008, 02:17 AM
3dcart Newbie

Default Wholesale products

I have not set this up yet, but for my needs, wholesale products are entirely different from retail products, they have unique product ids, they ship in cases of 12, etc, so I will just need to create them as separate products, and not use the wholesale features of a regular product setup.

I still have not quite had the chance to figure out how to show the retail product list by default, and then have a menu option for wholesale that only lets registered wholesale users see the product and pricing list/shopping cart....but I am sure I can do that with the tools 3dcart provides.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
3dCart User

Default set groups then price levels for wholesale

I am running all of our various buying levels through our store. I have a dropship group, retail, wholesale standard and one for international, and 2 other wholesale levels - 50% and 55% off retail.

In the groups, you assign price levels - for us 1 is retail, 2 and 3 are customer loyalty levels (which we haven't yet used... we may switch to rewards instead), 4 is dropship, 5 is regular wholsale, 6 international WS, 7 - 50% and 8 -55% (our Amazon account).

Then in the product page, you select the advanced tab and put the pricing on those levels. You can show or hide product that is or is not available at the buying level. Fortunately, I was able to get this done before they took the "next" button that allowed me to go straight to the next product with the same tab selected. Now you have to select each product, then the advanced tab....

Then you assign the buyer to the specific group (create or select their customer profile and change them to their assigned level) and when they log into their account the product that's available to them and their level prices are shown.

It's a bit cumbersome to set up, but it's working great for us! We now track all of our sales thru the store...and it keeps our inventory up to date.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
3dCart User

I am going through the task now of setting up wholesale, which means I have to go into ever single one and setup price levels and also hide from some price levels.....boy I'll be glad when the NEXT button is back!!

Have you figured out how to hide the categories from certian levels yet? I've created one that only wholesale customers can see but I'd also like to do it the other way around. Where when a wholesale customer logs in they only see categories that are wholesale. I have about 10 categories all together but they only need acess to maybe 3. If I switch it where only registered users see it then that could work, however a new visitor simply browsing the shop will not see the categories either. I would suspect the browsing unregistered customer would just leave because there would be no categories for them to see without registering first. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Hope all that makes sense, other than the category thing it works great! I just need to hide some categories when a wholesale customer logs in.

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
3dcart Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellqc View Post

Hope all that makes sense, other than the category thing it works great! I just need to hide some categories when a wholesale customer logs in.
I have the same request! But as far as I understand, hiding a category according to customer groups is not possible at this time. :( I'm going to suggest this feature in a new thread.

The ability to show/hide certain information as it pertains only to a selected customer group was the whole reason I chose to move to 3DCart, but once I got here and started setting things up, I realized that the wholesale features fall just a bit short.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
3dcart Geek

Right. We wanted a "seperate store" so to speak, where wholesale accounts would just see the wholesale products, not all products with different pricing. Haven't figured a workaround yet.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 AM
3dcart Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Right. We wanted a "seperate store" so to speak, where wholesale accounts would just see the wholesale products, not all products with different pricing. Haven't figured a workaround yet.
This is why I wound up having to get a second store, and stitch it together with my retail site as a subdomain. A lot more expensive, of course, but this way we're able to require a wholesale customer to login in order to see any of the pages on the wholesale site. If we'd been able to hide categories and products based on customer groups, we could have done it all from just one site.

As it is, not being able to hide categories according to customer groups is still causing a little bit of a problem with our wholesale site, because we have different types of wholesale (products by the case, in bulk and in amenities sizes) according to industry type, and are unable to use categories to keep them organized because all of the categories show up, all of the time, despite the customer group to which they are assigned.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:33 PM
3dcart Power User

This thread is making my head hurt.

We just tried setting up a customer group for the first time and created a product that has special pricing at level 2 and can only be seen by customers in that group. That worked fine. BUT after putting a test customer into that group (call it wholesale) the prices of EVERY OTHER product on our site, for that customer, is ZERO.

So...am I now to assume that in order to use the features of customer groups and price levels that I have to enter a price in the other price levels of all my other products?

If a product has only 1 price (no varied price level prices) doesn't the system just default to that price? If not, why not?

If I want to give select customers special pricing on a few items we offer, I will have to go thru my entire store and add pricing for price level 2 for every single item? Please tell me I'm wrong.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Administrator

If your plan is to have 2 pricing levels, but only have discounts on *some* items. Then do this:

Go to the price editor
Set price2=price+0
That will populate price2 with the price field of your items.

if you are doing this for a small number of your products, this solution may not be ideal, you now have 2 price levels to worry about when making price changes, why not just create a promo for those items for the specific customer group, and leave both groups on price level 1.

Multiple price levels are made for when you have retail & wholesale, (and multiple levels of wholesale) were you set pricelevel2 = price1 - 5%, price level3 = price1 - 10%, and so on.
800-828-6650 x111