3dcart Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software

Live Chat 800-828-6650

Go Back   3dcart Shopping Cart Software Forums > Shopping Cart Software > Merchant Accounts & Payment Gateways

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM
3dCart Power User

Exclamation Anyone. Problems with Google Checkout

Just went to check our Google checkout account. It did a re-direct and had us sign up for Google Wallet. NOW.... I know this is coming in February but the screens I'm getting are pure GW. Nowhere for our previous account settings. No sales history. No shipping and tax tables.

This looks a lot like a weekend test Google is running. I can't verify that of course but what a weekend to do something like this.

If you see this post today and you accept Google Checkout would you mind checking your account and let us know what you are seeing?

Hey - Thanks!
Jon at The G1
Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
3dcart Power User

I can still get to my regular place via checkout.google.com

DaveW
Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM
3dcart Power User

I just logged into my old Google checkout dashboard without problem
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 PM
3dCart Power User

Thank you for taking the time to check this.

If we attempt to access GCO via "accounts" we are dropped into GW.

If we access via the black bar and go to "more/even more" then we are dropped into our normal GCO dashboard.

If this IS a weekend test I hope it ends soon.

Thanks again for you effort!!

Jon at The G1
Old 11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
3dcart Power User

you might try using this URL
HTML Code:
https://checkout.google.com/sell
It works for me.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
3dCart Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeltzer View Post
you might try using this URL
HTML Code:
https://checkout.google.com/sell
It works for me.

Thank you.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:19 PM
3dcart Newbie

Default Can't Access Google Checkout Account

I've tried all the different URLS including https://checkout.google.com/sell, access through merchant center, dashboard, etc and the best I can come up with is an invitation to sign up for a new account or Google wallet. No access to my merchant checkout account. Saels continue to come through.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
3dcart Power User

Your link takes me to a sign up or log in page and once I log in I'm immediately at my dashboard for google checkout. Did you try logging in?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
3dcart Newbie

Default Google Check Out

I was finally able to log into my Google checkout. The problem for me was our email addresses xxx@goodglasses.com are hosted by Google. I used one of our addresses to sign up for Google checkout. With the recent transition Google now considers our Google Check Out account a personal account and in conflict with the Goodglasses app account that host the email. The following email format allowed me access to checkout "user%yourdomain.com"@gtempaccount.com with my original password. Change "user" to your address, include the % and then your domain.com The next challenge is you are not permitted to change the temp email to a gmail account nor any of your domain accounts if hosted by Google and you can't transfer checkout to the apps account. I hope this help others with the same problem understand thge conflict and gain access. I am still scratching my head trying to determine the best way to resolve for easy access to checkout.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
3dcart Newbie

My final resolution was to create a new gmail email account to use with Google Checkout. This created a new Google Merchant Center tied to my Checkout account, with a different account number from my current merchant center account. In order to offer Google Checkout in my Google data feed listings, I had to select "use another merchant's checkout account" in my existing merchant account and enter my Checkout account number. I then had to sign out, sign into my checkout account go to the settings and approve my merchant center account to use my Google CheckOut. I wasn't sure if all the changes created a new merchant key, so I re-entered it in the 3dCart dashboard Settings>Payment>Online Methods. be sure to log in and out when going back and forth or you will get error messages or a screen to create a new account. What a waste of a morning figuring this out.