3dcart Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software

Live Chat 800-828-6650

Go Back   3dcart Shopping Cart Software Forums > Shopping Cart Software > New feature request

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
3dcart Newbie

Default Pop up and/or left side bar promotions announcement feature

I had to hard code a message announcing my sales promotion into the left side column underneath the menu. It seems like an inelegant solution to change quickly.

It would be a great addition to the promotions manager to be able to create an announcement describing the promotion, and easily inserting that into a content area somewhere (depending on the template you chose) and/or to launch a pop up window when people visit your site telling them of the promotion.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
3dcart Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omanhene View Post
I had to hard code a message announcing my sales promotion into the left side column underneath the menu. It seems like an inelegant solution to change quickly.

It would be a great addition to the promotions manager to be able to create an announcement describing the promotion, and easily inserting that into a content area somewhere (depending on the template you chose) and/or to launch a pop up window when people visit your site telling them of the promotion.
That is something we considered, but quickly realized that the way it would have to integrate with the design area would be too cumbersome.

For sales promotions, you would get the most impact by having them be on the top of the page, right below your navigation menu. If you had them as a popup, 80% or more of your customers would not see them due to the prevalence of popup blockers.