REST API has crashed since no communication with shipstation past 18 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REST API has crashed since no communication with shipstation past 18 hours

REST API is down and not working with shipstation past 18 hours! Anyone else down?? We have delted and reentered the key into the modules REST API at 3dcart numerous times now and shipstation still can't communicate with 3dcart - just getting An error occurred attempting to update orders: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Copying an dpasting addresses emails and then manually updating order status back into 3dcart is extremely time consuming! Ticket in now since yesterday about 4 pm - nothing yet - if someone is awake could you turn the REST API server back on!!!!!!!!!!

We use Endicia for years and love it. Maybe you should switch over to them. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Shipstation is not anything like Endicia. We print way too many orders to use Endicia - not even going to go into the differences, Is Endicia integrated into your 3dcart platform so one click when you print the label from Edicia you don't have to update anthing else? Shipstation updates the order status to shipped back to 3dcart, shipstation updates tracking number back to 3dcart into the customers account, sends out emails automatically when package shipped, allows you to reprint the same label multiple times if you mess up - alerting you down to apt/suite number of any incorrect address issues. Allows you to batch print up to 100 shipments with 1 click? I could go on, but shipstation is top notch with it's software - thinking you might like Endicia since Stamps.com bought shipstation about 1 year ago now? Absolutely no copying and pasting of anything is needed - 1 click to print the label and everything is done automatically and extremely east platform to use.
      Last edited by ebeegirl; 07-28-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

We went form manually typing each address to one click with Endicia and it also has all the functions you pointed out. I guess it is the little things that puts everything into perspective. Good luck with Ship Station, we were just giving you another option incase your were still having problems, that is all.

Comment

I use shippingeasy and it updates the orders and adds the tracking, easy to integrate with 3dc, never had any problems and you get endicia accounts with the shippingeasy app. Never used shipstation so I can't compare the two for you, but I LOVE shippingeasy

Comment

Originally posted by damiencaz View Post
            ...with Endicia and it also has all the functions you pointed out.
            damiencaz - do you use the Endicia Professional installed software, with Dazzle? If so, that setup does not talk to your 3dcart webstore through the API; it doesn't automatically retrieve order information and post order statuses and tracking numbers back to the 3dcart webstore. These are the niceties that ebeegirl is getting from Shipstation (ShipWorks does this too).

If I'm wrong and there is a way to connect the Endicia Professional software to your 3dcart webstore, please point me in the right direction.

ebeegirl ShipRush Web is working for me, though I don't know if that utilizes REST.
            - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

I am not sure what we use, but we just click on 'Shipping Label' within the 3dcart order and it pulls the information. It is one click and the system pulls in the rest. Easy Peasy.

Comment

Ahh, okay. You're doing everything within 3dcart. That makes sense.
                - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

This sounds like a problem on ShipStation's end, not 3dCart's. And 3dCart's status page says their API's are working: http://status.3dcart.com/

Comment

3dcart is working with shipstation about the query that shipstation is trying to get from the REST API. Seriously - it's like she said he said. Going on 24 hours now and having to do everything manually is a pain! Many of the platforms we tested in the past DO NOT check addresses down to the street level - ie apt number or suite number. Most platforms only check down to the street level - even ups world ship insane as it sounds does not validate down to the apt or suite number. Address may be saying they are correct in many of these platforms, but lacking an apt number - then when you get your UPS bill you find the address correction charge which is around $13.00 now. This would cost us thousands per year using many of the other platforms mentioned. Shipstation I would say is about 99.5% correct as we don't have this issue and that is the number one thing we first test in any shipping software. Never tested shippingeasy but would look at the number of bad addresses it catches and it's a bit more than shipstation so I'm guessing similar type program. We simply don't have time to look up every address to make sure it's valid and shipstation caught them all when we tested around 12 different platforms a few years ago. Other platforms may have gotten better now, but not willing to take the time to test them all again. All I know is since we went with the REST API more glitches than not!

Comment

Just tested out shippingeasy to see if it validates down to apt number. It DOES NOT - it only alerts you to an address issue if the address is not in the system - i placed addresses into their system that I knew were apt buildings and I puposely did not enter the apt number thus shippingeasy should have alerted me that the addresses were not valid; however, they stated no issue so if we were to use this system we would be getting dinged all the time for address correction fees from UPS. I'll attach the .jpg showing these 2 manual orders - if they were not valid they should show a red triangle just in front of the name. All you see is the letter "R" meaning residential and that the address is valid when it is not! I also just got off chat with shippingeasy and they told me that validate down to the apt or suite number level - this is simply not the case since I just tested it out and every time there was an apt number or suite number, their system states a valid address. Not good at all!
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

No issues where with ShipStation this morning.
                        Joe Arbogast
                        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

I log into shipping easy and it pulls payment info from paypal or my merchant account and uses the shipping address provided by the customer for their shipping address. I guess on a manual order I don't deliberately leave off the apt, suite, whatever for it to kick it back to me. The street address is valid so I get no errors, but I let the app pull in the info, click the checkbox in all that are awaiting shipment, print labels and have had no problems. It updates the tracking information on 3dc and changes the status to shipped and send an email to my customer with their tracking number.

Comment

Toobusy - just be aware that any orders that are missing suite number of apt numbers with shipping easy will still show as valid when in fact they are not. You can test this yourself by placing an address that you know contains an apt number and then leave off the apt number. Shipping easy should alert you that it is indeed invalid, but their software does not drill down to this level, they only drill down to street level. Be careful since usps could lose your package and UPS will ding you $13.00 for not having an apt number or suite number on the label even though the driver may know where to deliver it.

Comment

Just tested ordercup and their software claims this:
                              • Deep verification such as suite-level and delivery point validation for US and Canadian addresses 1st address I tested that contained an apt number which I entered without the apt number - OrderCup software stated address was valid - it was not! These platforms are crazy - I swear none of them ship ever. Do they realize that we print a label and ship a package without an apt number it will get dinged $13.00 from UPS or get lost with the USPS. Seriously - and they actually claim they validate down to apt level - only took me 10 seconds to test one address and prove it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X