Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Advertising ?

Hello:

Where do you guys go to advertise your site? I am checking google for some free sites and there are a lot of them, but I am curious to find out what works.

Right now I advertise on Hoobly, FB and have submitted my site to directories, but I would like to do some more.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Uta

• Google maps
    • Yellow Pages (certain areas offer free business profile on the web edition)
    • Submit product feeds to Bing, FrogIt, TheFind, Google Products....
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Elegant:

What is google maps? And is Bing allowing new merchants again?

Uta

Comment

You can submit your store to Google Places and it will appear on Google maps. They will send you a verification mail with a pass-code to verify you actually have a business at the location you submitted.
        http://www.google.com/places/

I am not sure about Bing accepting new merchants though, I got in a while back...
        Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Advertising vs Promotion

Technically, advertising is paid, promotion is free. It sounds like you're looking for FREE stuff, so looking for promotion. Have you been involved in forums in your field? Kennel clubs? Breeders? Set up camp at dog shows?

OK, the last one costs $$$ but the exposure pays for itself! I have a friend that is a breeder and creates custom embroidery, dog-related. You need to go where your audience goes.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
            Technically, advertising is paid, promotion is free. It sounds like you're looking for FREE stuff, so looking for promotion. Have you been involved in forums in your field? Kennel clubs? Breeders? Set up camp at dog shows?

OK, the last one costs $$$ but the exposure pays for itself! I have a friend that is a breeder and creates custom embroidery, dog-related. You need to go where your audience goes.
            Great advise. We ran an online quilt shop for years. We bought these little $15 ads in the trade rags and it worked very, very well. Right up to the recession. Quilters started dipping into their stash!

Comment

Thanks for all your input.

I live in Phoenix and I am not certain that Phoenix is a destination for breeders to get together, at least not the last time I checked.

I like the idea of print advertising and will start checking around for that. I know I talked to Dogster, but that was just not in my budget.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Uta

Comment

or web pages and real world businesses I find it works in this order:

-Search engines.
                -Social Networks.
                -Bookmark/Email.
                -Organic links (word of mouth).
                -Yellow Pages (or other directories). http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-wink.gif

Comment

Did the yellow pages free listing and was inundated with calls from them trying to get me to buy more advertising. They kept pushing how they could increase my business ten-fold. Then they found out it was web based only and blew a gasket. Calls stopped after that and so did the listing.
                  David
                  David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
                    Did the yellow pages free listing and was inundated with calls from them trying to get me to buy more advertising. They kept pushing how they could increase my business ten-fold. Then they found out it was web based only and blew a gasket. Calls stopped after that and so did the listing.
                    They haven't harassed us yet.
                    Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Working...
                    X