Getting an 800 number up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an 800 number up and running

Yes I know there is already another topic on 800 numbers, but it only talks about providers. I currently don't have a line that I would like to transfer the calls over to. Is there a way that I could get the calls through my computer? Would I be better off just getting a cell phone or some other line to take the calls?

Originally posted by JBPA_570 View Post
    Yes I know there is already another topic on 800 numbers, but it only talks about providers. I currently don't have a line that I would like to transfer the calls over to. Is there a way that I could get the calls through my computer? Would I be better off just getting a cell phone or some other line to take the calls?

If your want mobility, you can get a cellphone and forward your toll free call there.

If you want to use your computer, you can have Skype or Google Voice to capture your toll free calls
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

How safe is it to accept credit card info over a cell phone? This is all new to me, so im trying to find out as much info on this as possible.

Comment

Nothing is 100% safe when dealing with sensitive financial information. Many payment gateways do have mobile versions of their virtual terminals.

Using a landline for taking CC information has it's own risks too.

Does all your order have to be phone orders? or do you have payment methods enabled on your site? If you are only taking phone order sparingly the risk is not as great.

Do your research and see what is more applicable for you.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by JBPA_570 View Post
          As long as you have a fairly decent internet connection go and get a MagicJack. You can forward the 800 there when your home and if you want more mobility later get a "go phone" and have the number forwarded there when your out.
          Just make sure you don't try to go too cheap on an 800 number. I've got RingCentral. Easy to use and the price is pretty good.
          David
          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

I forward my magic jack calls to my cell when I'm mobile...just a thought

Comment

Working...
            X