Best CPC Marketing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CPC Marketing?

We are just getting started with CPC marketing and were wondering which medium everyone has had the most success with regarding traffic and conversions?

Ones we are looking into are Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping, Shopping.com, Facebook Ads and Google Adwords. Anyone use these and what was your experience with them?

Also is there one that is not listed above that others have used with success?

Thanks in advance
    http://www.epicmoviecostumes.com

Facebook, hands down. You can target your ads to your niche and send people that click to your facebook page. Once they like it, you've got them as an ongoing audience unless they unlike your page. I've been doing it since Decmeber 2010 and I'm over 9k fans now, and about 75% of my sales come straight through facebook.

I've been trying shopping.com for the last two months, and for every $100 I spend I get about $100 in sales...not worth it, I'm just churning my wheels.

I took a look at google product search ads, but right now I only get 0-4 views a day through google shopping while it's free, and I couldn't find specific pricing, so I'm not going to mess with it.

Also, you can submit your products to TheFind for free if you put their logo on your site. I have my feed set up to automatically go there, and I've gotten at least $100 in sales from there in the last month or two.
    Last edited by earthegy; 07-09-2012, 04:39 PM.
    ~Chrisy
    earthegy

15% discount on all items in my shop for 3Dcart users with coupon code 3DCART

Comment

Chrisy, I'm surprised you've done so well with facebook. Must me your demo. I hear a lot of advertisers pulling out of facebook due to low ROI.

We use TheFind but don't get a lot of traffic from them.

We get significant amount of traffic from Google Shopping, but surprisingly little conversions. We won't be using them when forced to pay.

Google CPC is churning along ok. Not great, but positive ROI.

Comment

Thanks for the input! We are in the process of putting together a Facebook campaign to drive more fans to our page.

We also just signed up with The Find, I have to figure out how to automatically pull the feed, but we are set up.

anybody have any success with Amazon?
        http://www.epicmoviecostumes.com

Comment

Amazon was a giant failure. Complete waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by kopetski7 View Post
            We are just getting started with CPC marketing and were wondering which medium everyone has had the most success with regarding traffic and conversions?

Ones we are looking into are Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping, Shopping.com, Facebook Ads and Google Adwords. Anyone use these and what was your experience with them?

Also is there one that is not listed above that others have used with success?

Thanks in advance
            Amazon product ads and Google adwords have been amazingly successful for us - product ads really surprised me, to be honest. I've noticed a lot of people who come to the site via product ads checkout via CBA (checkout by amazon), so having CBA might be helping that conversion rate.

I haven't really invested in Facebook ads. Heard some success stories, a lot of no-success stories. Nextag and shopping.com have also been good for us. Shopzilla used to convert great, stopped converting well about a year ago and I've really pulled back. Still converts a positive ROI, but not by much. theFind has been good for visibility, not so much orders.
            Chris
            TC Life Safety
            TC Wireless

Comment

Just started PPC and having some sucess but nervous about spending...

I started Amazon ads a while back and just added some others. Google paid search, shopping.com, pricegrabber.com. The have been using the Find and Bing for years. I am spending a lot of money on each and while it is all paying off, I am nervous that I am spending more then I should be and wasting some of the money. I don't make enough yet to hire a PPC management company, from what I have been finding they want at least $500-$1200 a month, just to manage. Mostly I have my entire 1000 + product catalog uploaded into each because it's just easier that way and I just don't really know what to exclude. I need some advice??? I have talked with 3dcart but not sure I can afford them yet as well.

Comment

one piece of advice is i would use exact match search ads not general if you dont narrow the target you are throwing money away. for example
                "acme widget" instead of acme widget and use buying keywords such as "acme widget for sale" or "buy acme widget" these are much more lucrative and easier on the wallet. also you can try mixing in part numbers for your ads for those looking for products on google by entering a part number they get off of a competitors site.

Comment

Facebook ads are a goldmine if you know how to properly get them into your funnel. The targeting power is enormous its all about split testing your ads and images and offers.

Comment

Working...
                  X