Google Universal Analytics - Conversion Tracking Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Universal Analytics - Conversion Tracking Code

I am trying to ensure that Google Analytics is tracking all my pages, and ultimately track the sale at the very end.

I have my UA-XXXXX number set up, and "Enable Universal Analytics" checked in the 3DCart Settings.

My question is:

How do I verify in the HTML code on the rendered pages that BOTH the general tracking code, and the Conversion Tracking Code and placed correctly.

I've located the general UA-XXXX tracking code, but am I supposed to see a special one (or extra parameters) on the one that happens AFTER the sale that is referred to as the "Conversion Tracking Code"?

Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks!

-Brad

eCommerce Tracking

I would like to implement this type of tracking.

https://developers.google.com/analyt...csjs/ecommerce

Is this possible on 3DCart? If so does anyone here know how to do this? For the time being I just need someone to give me a yes or no (no long details are needed, unless it is super quick), we could work on an arrangement if someone does know how to implement.

Thanks,
    -Brad

Comment

Install Chrome if you do not have it.

Add Google Tag Assistant from the Chrome Store (or google it)

On your page, Tag assistant will show you the active tags. Expand to see if Universal is working or not (see image)
      Attached Files

Comment

I don't think the 3dcart Universal Analytics supports the display features. If you want these, you will have to disable it in 3dcart, and install it manually in
        the header section of frame.html
        Replace UA-xxxxxx-1 with your GA number.

<!--Begin Google Analytics with display features-->
        <script>
        (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
        (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
        m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
        })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-xxxxxx-1', 'auto');
        ga('require', 'displayfeatures');
        ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
        <!--End Google Analytics -->

Comment

Sorry my replies are dribbling in. I did not read your post completely the first two times.
          The conversion code is separate.

It goes in the Footer of Checkout-4 (if you use multi-page checkout_

Settings>Design>Titles & Content

You need to use the [ordersubtotal] parameter in the code like this:

var google_conversion_value = [ordersubtotal];

Comment

Working...
          X