Product Page links that auto-select options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Page links that auto-select options

I've got some products that have 6-9 options on them. When I choose pictures to use for advertising I'd love to have the included link pre-select the appropriate option for that image. Or even better - simply add that product to the cart and pull up the add to cart page.

Anybody know the URL parameters for product options? Is this possible in 3dcart?

Not possible as far as I know.

Drop Image option will use the option image as the thumbnail in the cart, but thats it.

I have been mulling an idea around for a while, but have not tried it. If you have a product with lots of options, but you also want to be able to add it to the cart with a link, then try this.

Create a new item and call it "Product A - Red" (Or whatever) and in the metadata have it "link" to the main Product A. If anyone visits the product you just created directly, they will be forwarded to the one with the options. However if they follow the add to cart link, it will add the new one to the cart. Does that make since?

Comment

Originally posted by NMTEACO View Post

Create a new item and call it "Product A - Red" (Or whatever) and in the metadata have it "link" to the main Product A.
      I don't believe this is possible, as there is no alternate link setting or space to define a set filename or URL. You can do this with categories and content pages, but not products.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
      X