Adwords clicks and conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adwords clicks and conversions

I've decided to try Adwords again to see if it'll bring any results. I've never had a heck of a lot of luck with this CPC stuff, so I figured I'd try it on a limited basis.

So, is anyone willing to present an opinion of what kind of click through rates that would be good and what a typical conversion rate might be from these ads??

I think some of us would love to hear (er, read) about your experiences with CPC thing, I know I would!!

Click through rates will vary from keyword to keyword. I have another site that sells costumes so click through rates are in the 4% range for my most popular keywords. Other keywords are less than 1%.

Some advice, make sure if your selling "yellow fluffy cats" your URL for that keyword lands on said product. This will lower your overall CPC costs.

Comment

Like wackyjazz said, make sure your landing page is related to your keyword. Don't just send them to your home page.

Also, learn the different match types. We lowered our CPC cost while increasing our CTR by working different match types. A lot of it is trial and error.

Another good trick I learned from a CPC marketing guy is to include your phone number in your ad. There is always a chance the person will call the number rather than click the ad. And that contact is free.

JJ
      AC Tool Supply, Inc. - Chris / Jason (JJ)
      Insulation Machines
      Infrared Camera
      Blower Door

Comment

Thought I'd revisit this thread.

So, for those of you using Adwords or Yahoo SM, what kind of conversion rates are you getting??

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEagleOutdoors View Post
          Thought I'd revisit this thread.

So, for those of you using Adwords or Yahoo SM, what kind of conversion rates are you getting??
          Conversion rates tend to vary across the board. WHat may be fantastic for one person, by the numbers, may be a failure for someone else.

The bottom line is, are you finding it a success? If not, look at your keywords. Look at the pages they're going to.

Comment

I've spent the last few days reviewing my Adwords statistics (still for my pre-3DCart site) and they look terrible to me. We've been spending $600/month on google advertising. In January, that resulted in precisely one sale, worth $35.00.
            Part of our problem is that we do not have the ads going to specific landing pages related to the particular product. We have 30,000 products. I have no idea how we would do that, unless I developed something to use the adwords API.

Comment

Yeah, Google is tougher now with that. Looks like you have to create a new ad for every URL going to a specific place.

Yahoo allows more flexibility, but less traffic.

Comment

Althlough a bit pricey I think there is some huge potential in using keywordspy

It allows you to view your competitors ads and gives you stats on if those ads are profitable for them etc. So you can basicly clone their ads and apply them as you need for your site and use the same ad copy across multiple advertising channels.

Comment

My experience with google ad words was never a successful ROI. With mostly 5 to 7 out of 10 quality score ratings, I would still pay almost $3.75 - $4.50 a click and I know we have some of the overall lowest printing prices on the internet.

Has anyone ever had a quality score greater than a 7/10 with google ad words? I've tried many times and could never get a better rating than that.
                  Matthew
                  MINUTEMAN PRESS Since 1986
                  www.printing-delray-beach.com

Comment

Some tips:

If you aren't sure of a landing page, land at least on the category (with a good description). If you really want conversions, make sure you have specific landing pages or people will bounce. If you're really smart, you'll make a squeeze page that they land on.

Use the remarketing tool and create audiences. All a person needs to do is click through to the tagged page. Your ads will then "follow" the person around the web for a period of time (even if the site's not related.) You can set up some rules, that say, they visited X product, but did not purchase and then lure them back with a coupon code, free shipping, etc. You'll need to have at least 500 people land on the tagged site, page, etc., for the ads to start showing on the network.

For keywords, check out what leads someone to your competition. The more specific your keyword PHRASE, the better chance that someone will find what they want on your site. Sure, you'll get less views, but your click-through will be better. Using the single word "keyword" is deceptive. It should always be referred to as a keyword phrase. Also use the negatives to take out anything not related to your site.

Comment

If you're not 100% comfortable and familar with Adwords, you can easily burn through a ton of cash without any (or very little) ROI.

I'd suggest two things:

1. Call Google and set up an appointment with an Adwords client advisor. It's free and they will spend time reviewing your account over the phone and give you tips on saving money. I've done it and got some solid tips that saved me a ton of cash. The big tip was finding and implementiong negative keywords. Big saver.

2. Read this book: Advanced Google Adwords by Brad Geddess. It will give you great ideas on landing pages, formulating ads, Quality Scores,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                        If you're not 100% comfortable and familar with Adwords, you can easily burn through a ton of cash without any (or very little) ROI.

I'd suggest two things:

1. Call Google and set up an appointment with an Adwords client advisor. It's free and they will spend time reviewing your account over the phone and give you tips on saving money. I've done it and got some solid tips that saved me a ton of cash. The big tip was finding and implementiong negative keywords. Big saver.

2. Read this book: Advanced Google Adwords by Brad Geddess. It will give you great ideas on landing pages, formulating ads, Quality Scores,etc.
                        I used an Adwords client advisor. Had the opposite experience. Did better on my own.
                        kem
                        AddressNumbers.com
                        Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Affiliate Program

Rather than ads, is anyone here running an Affiliate Program? If so are you having more success with that? Is 3dcart's Affiliate Program robust enough?

We are running our own program with ourselves as the affiliate. So we have a lot of little websites of our own out there promoting our business. However, we would like to have a larger program and pay others.

We just don't like paying for a click but we sure do understand paying a commission on a sale.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
                          John at The G1 Gallery

Comment

Running an affiliate program right is a big job. There are some books on it with Amazon.

PPC scare me because I have heard so many horror stories of massive spends, with poor results. I used an outside consulting company for a while and that was an expensive fail. I am probably going to try again with another outside company having since learned a lot about PPC enough to know what I don't know. I know enough to know I can't do my own campaign to the level of success I want and that would have a high chance of failure.

Comment

Affiliate Program

Thanks Ritchey! We'll go look for the book.

Anyone else with affiliate experience?

Comment

Working...
                              X