Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad/Dead Links Indexed

Hi,

I have a LOT of pages in most search engines that are indexed that are no longer any good. I just re-did my site so all of the old pages are now gone and replaced. I had WAY to many to cross-reference and forward them to the new pages. Should I leave them and let them eventually filter themselves out, or try to delete them?

Also, I have noticed that not all of my "good" pages indexed in Google are using the meta tags. Many of them are showing the mailing list sign up text... I guess that is because the mailing list is in the frame and shows on every page... Should I let these filter themselves out, or try to correct them somehow?

Thanks!
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Originally posted by dcox View Post
    Hi,

I have a LOT of pages in most search engines that are indexed that are no longer any good. I just re-did my site so all of the old pages are now gone and replaced. I had WAY to many to cross-reference and forward them to the new pages. Should I leave them and let them eventually filter themselves out, or try to delete them?

Also, I have noticed that not all of my "good" pages indexed in Google are using the meta tags. Many of them are showing the mailing list sign up text... I guess that is because the mailing list is in the frame and shows on every page... Should I let these filter themselves out, or try to correct them somehow?

Thanks!
    Honestly, the best bet is to just let them filter themselves out.

I also wouldn't suggest losing sleep over meta tags. Although they are part of the overall SEO recipe any site has , their main purpose should be a way for you to organize what keywords you should be using on that specific page.

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will filter out pretty quick. I just purchased my own SSL and a lot of the index links are pointing to totaloutdoorsman.3dcart....com. IE throws up a big warning that there is aproblem with the security. That doesn't look good...
      www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by dcox View Post
        Cool. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will filter out pretty quick. I just purchased my own SSL and a lot of the index links are pointing to totaloutdoorsman.3dcart....com. IE throws up a big warning that there is aproblem with the security. That doesn't look good...
        You can always go to google and do a search for

link:totaloutdoorsman.3dcartstores.com

and that will show you what pages are still linking to your old address, if any.

Comment

Working...
        X