Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bing Lost Rankings

Hello all

I had several Keywords ranking high in Bing (between 15-30) for several months running. within the last 30 days I have dropped completely off the rankings for all of them. Bing has regularly crawled my site, shows no errors. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Anyone that you would recommend to help with SEO Ranking issues like this? Not asking for free but Good Value!!

Thanks

How did you resolve this?

Comment

I have another question:
      Bing won't accept html or ". How did you fix this? We can't use Bing "Cashback" because the setup is for cashback.
      kem
      AddressNumbers.com
      Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

According to 3dCart Support, they have changed the file they generate for Bing Cashback so that it can be used for the new Bing Shopping program. It is confusing because 3dCart still lists the name as Bing Cashback even though it has been discontinued. They are saying that if you fill out the settings for just what you need for Bing Shopping, the feed will work.

We have been using Godatafeed for Bing Shopping but their settings do not work well for us. Some of our products show on Bing with formatting characters and their defaut settings pulls product descriptions from the short description field.

We will start using the 3dCart file soon.
        Luxlife

Comment

Originally posted by Luxlife View Post
          According to 3dCart Support, they have changed the file they generate for Bing Cashback so that it can be used for the new Bing Shopping program. It is confusing because 3dCart still lists the name as Bing Cashback even though it has been discontinued. They are saying that if you fill out the settings for just what you need for Bing Shopping, the feed will work.

We have been using Godatafeed for Bing Shopping but their settings do not work well for us. Some of our products show on Bing with formatting characters and their defaut settings pulls product descriptions from the short description field.

We will start using the 3dCart file soon.
          OK. The documentation and gui are unclear. So, we'll give it a whirl with some guesses. We will
          1) not enable the cashback option,
          2) not include the Gleam script, and
          3) change the name to the recommended one of bingshopping.txt. I'll let you know if that works.
          4) although the password is prefilled with our login. It is probably supposed to be the login with Bing
          5) We will manually submit it to Bing, because it requires an AdCenter account.

To save 3dcart time, below are the changes that should be made to the page:
          A) Rename the section to 'BING EXPORT -SETTINGS
          1) Remove "Enable Cashback"
          2) Reword FTP Server to "FTP Server (Bing Server)
          3) password (Bing or 3D cart password)
          4) Merchant Id (??)
          5) Username (3D cart email)
          6) File Name (bing.txt)
          7) Remove Gleam (Remove)

After some thought, I think I'll wait until 3DCart confirms that the above is correct. I used to be a beta tester but don't do that anymore.
          Last edited by kem; 01-17-2011, 01:37 PM.
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Update: I used the Bing feed on 3DCart. After 2 days of troubleshooting, the following message was received from Bing:

"I validated the feed you attached and I it doesn’t pass validation because it’s a mixture of cashback and Bing shopping formats. Please refer to the feed example attached and resend the feed for another evaluation."

The newest release announced a "bing feed". Perhaps 3DCart can explain?
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Working...
            X