No announcement yet.

Google Base not Automated?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the 80/20 rule work for your product lines?

Comment

Regrettably, no. We have several product lines that are quite diverse, 10% is more like it. The custom field solution works quite well. Just wish that we could have a Google taxomy and Bing category field in the product "advanced" section or somewhere with each product. Like to be able to edit the products and upload in csv. Actually, now that I think about it, the custom fields do work quite nicely. I can at least do group assignment. Just need more of those fields. We use some of them for other purposes than category assignment.
      kem
      AddressNumbers.com
      Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Let me know if you do a new feature request and we'll come in behind you and vote for it as well. You're right, this is going to become a thing as search engines require more information for relevance.

Comment

Here it is:
          http://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/7...nter?ref=title
          The stat says that it is planned. But, I should point out that 3D's understanding of what is needed for the Base feed may not sync with ours. We need category fields with the product.

I removed my vote because I need the field text restriction more. (Customers are going over the text length for personalization and we're spending a lot of time addressing that, one order at a time. sigh.

And, here's my "most needed" feature (text restriction). There was a duplicate of that with 7 votes but I don't think that the votes got carried over.
          http://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/7...in-a-text-area
          Last edited by kem; 05-17-2011, 06:02 PM.
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com
          Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Got it. I guess it takes a while for the votes to show up...

Comment

Is their a rule of thumb for google feed (in regards to what you type and set) to get more traffic going to your website?

Comment

For us there is

For us yes but I think that it depends on what you sell. The title and description (or whatever you choose to use for a short description) is to Google Merchant Center what SEO is to your meta tags.

Since search in GMC is based upon the title and description we've modified ours to include terms most folks use when looking for photographs, posters or pictures. I don't like how it reads at all but our traffic has gone way up from GMC. So we put the words Photo or Print or Poster in our title and desc. Its SEO for GMC really...

Great question.

John
                G1 Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
                  We've been doing feeds to Google since it was Froogle as I'm sure many others here have.

You really don't want to have this automated. There's a lot of great help here if you need to get it setup and running. As was mentioned above once it's running - it's running. And we do use the same file for other shopping sites.

John
                  g1gallery

Feel free to contact us if you like.
                  John,

Thank you for your offer of assistance. It was nice working with you and knowing others are willing to offer their expertise.

Hopefully one of these days our "Generate Feed" will populate and export properly. I'd hate to pay $50. a month for this service. I doubt 3d-CS will offer their expertise as to why it's not populating correctly, I will try them next week.

Cheers,
                  Jeff
                  ZuluTimeZone.com
                  Time Well Spent

Comment

They have said for a while this will be added, but not as of yet. However 3dcart is so great with other things like support I really do not worry about it that much.
                    Jimmy

Comment

Google's upping the ante with merchants and their feeds:
                      Important changes to Google Product Search feed specification & policies ~ Google Merchant Blog

Comment

Doesn't look like no big deal to me and pretty easy to implement.
                        David
                        David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

My only concern is availability for wish list and sale_price_effective_date.

The availability field will accept only the following entries:
                          • in stock
                          • out of stock
                          • available for order
                          • preorder

3dcart does not support this but can be done manually using:
                          Field = constant
                          Alias = availability
                          Prefix = in stock
                          This will be displayed for all products

the sale price effective date needs to be in the following format:
                          2011-03-01T13:00:00Z/2011-03-11T15:30:00Z
                          3dcart does not support this but can be done manually using:
                          Field = extra_field_?
                          Alias = sale_price_effective_date

Download products and or cats on sale input date in said field

Hope this helps
                          Of course with all the extra run around you will need to update the sale dates just before the 30 days if you have your account set to expire at the maximum of 30 days. Haven't heard a thing about the promise of google going auto on 3dcart. Auto will still be good for newly listed products.
                          Again hope this helps.
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

The way everyone is using all their extra fields to accommodate Google's feed tells me that 3dC needs to give us about 20 more extra fields. :(

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                              The way everyone is using all their extra fields to accommodate Google's feed tells me that 3dC needs to give us about 20 more extra fields. :(
                              Now that would be GREAT!

Say aren't the extra fields just a simplified way to do a template include?

You know you can hard code store language to cut down on references and use those fields (vertically unlimited)

But yes I agree. How many clients need to express that they have used up there extra fields before that need is addressed?
                              Clayton
                              Go Live Industries

Comment

Using extra fields for Google is fine but how do you turn it off so it doesn't show up on the product page.
                                David
                                David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
                                X