• Show
Clear All

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Thank you .... have a nice weekend

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    I prefer just commenting out with <!-- --> than removing any code.
    Removing may result in mis-alignment.

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Elegant, Will what you typed comment it out the way you typed it or do I need to know something else? I suppose I could always just remove it from the template but I try to avoid deleting lines.

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
    Using extra fields for Google is fine but how do you turn it off so it doesn't show up on the product page.

Comment it out on the template:
    example:
    <td><div class="item"><strong><!--[product_extrafield1] --> </strong><!-- [extra_field_1] --> </div></td>

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Using extra fields for Google is fine but how do you turn it off so it doesn't show up on the product page.

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    Originally posted by piaf View Post
    The way everyone is using all their extra fields to accommodate Google's feed tells me that 3dC needs to give us about 20 more extra fields. :(
    Now that would be GREAT!

Say aren't the extra fields just a simplified way to do a template include?

You know you can hard code store language to cut down on references and use those fields (vertically unlimited)

But yes I agree. How many clients need to express that they have used up there extra fields before that need is addressed?

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    replied
    The way everyone is using all their extra fields to accommodate Google's feed tells me that 3dC needs to give us about 20 more extra fields. :(

Leave a comment:

• Go Live
    replied
    My only concern is availability for wish list and sale_price_effective_date.

The availability field will accept only the following entries:
    • in stock
    • out of stock
    • available for order
    • preorder

3dcart does not support this but can be done manually using:
    Field = constant
    Alias = availability
    Prefix = in stock
    This will be displayed for all products

the sale price effective date needs to be in the following format:
    2011-03-01T13:00:00Z/2011-03-11T15:30:00Z
    3dcart does not support this but can be done manually using:
    Field = extra_field_?
    Alias = sale_price_effective_date

Download products and or cats on sale input date in said field

Hope this helps
    Of course with all the extra run around you will need to update the sale dates just before the 30 days if you have your account set to expire at the maximum of 30 days. Haven't heard a thing about the promise of google going auto on 3dcart. Auto will still be good for newly listed products.
    Again hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Doesn't look like no big deal to me and pretty easy to implement.

Leave a comment:

• Burnspot
    replied
    Google's upping the ante with merchants and their feeds:
    Important changes to Google Product Search feed specification & policies ~ Google Merchant Blog

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    They have said for a while this will be added, but not as of yet. However 3dcart is so great with other things like support I really do not worry about it that much.

Leave a comment:

• sportscenterisnext
    replied
    Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
    We've been doing feeds to Google since it was Froogle as I'm sure many others here have.

You really don't want to have this automated. There's a lot of great help here if you need to get it setup and running. As was mentioned above once it's running - it's running. And we do use the same file for other shopping sites.

John
    g1gallery

Feel free to contact us if you like.
    John,

Thank you for your offer of assistance. It was nice working with you and knowing others are willing to offer their expertise.

Hopefully one of these days our "Generate Feed" will populate and export properly. I'd hate to pay $50. a month for this service. I doubt 3d-CS will offer their expertise as to why it's not populating correctly, I will try them next week.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• g1gallery
    replied
    For us there is

For us yes but I think that it depends on what you sell. The title and description (or whatever you choose to use for a short description) is to Google Merchant Center what SEO is to your meta tags.

Since search in GMC is based upon the title and description we've modified ours to include terms most folks use when looking for photographs, posters or pictures. I don't like how it reads at all but our traffic has gone way up from GMC. So we put the words Photo or Print or Poster in our title and desc. Its SEO for GMC really...

Great question.

John
    G1 Gallery

Leave a comment:

• AM Printer Supply
    replied
    Is their a rule of thumb for google feed (in regards to what you type and set) to get more traffic going to your website?

Leave a comment:

• g1gallery
    replied
    Got it. I guess it takes a while for the votes to show up...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X