Traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting more traffic to my website until I get further along with my seo? I have tried adwords and the like but with nothing to show for it but a lighter wallet. Ive used craigslist, backpage, etc...

I was also wondering if anyone has any good backlinking tips? I need Lots of them. I have seen where you can buy backlinks but was unsure about using those types of services.

Thanks everyone in advance.

oops, sorry I think I have this in the wrong section. forgive me. :o

for your type of site I'd find some user forums and blogs etc to advertise on. there are LOTS out the for billards etc so it should be a matter of picking the best one for what you want out of it.

Comment

traffic

I do use forums, and there is really only one that is always active, others wont get new posts for days, weeks, months... I have posted with the others yet with any of them I still get very little traffic from those sources. I wonder if there is something I can do to convert the visitors I do get into buyers, I am not getting any sales except for a few of my regulars. Am I turning buyers away? Every so often I do get some add to carts but no checkouts. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Comment

That's a whole lot of questions rolled into one... my suggestion is follow up with the add to cart customers and see what it is you can do to complete the transaction. You may even get some feedback from them on why it wasnt completed in the first place.

Comment

Traffic

Thanks, I have done that for the ones who went so far as to leave their email, etc... but get no response. It just seems odd some days I will get nothing while other days I will get a ton of abandoned carts. I have been beating my brains out trying to get more traffic, and make more sales. I think my site looks ok, my prices are cometitive, I carry major brands, etc...

Comment

adwords has always been good for both my sites. just have to know when enough is enough with the $$$
            http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

Comment

You also need to be specific in your keywords at meta tags.

You can probably research on it and see which keywords are the most appropriate for your site's theme. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/1.gif
              Last edited by satnavcompany; 10-08-2011, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Thought about Comparison Shopping Engines

While AdWords can be a great lead source, it must be monitored and adjusted or you will find yourself with a poor return.

Have you considered sending your products to Google Product Search (Google Product Search)? IT'S FREE! You can sign up and learn how to submit a feed file at (Google Product Search Sign Up).

As I mentioned, it's free and is has a great track record for increasing traffic and conversions. There are also product extensions within AdWords that will display product ads when you connect your accounts.

Once you get that running successfully you may want to look into some of the CPC Comparison Engines like NexTag, PriceGrabber or Shopzilla. However like AdWords, these accounts need to be monitored and adjusted to maintain a positive ROI.

Last edited by OperationROI; 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /prdhp) was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /intl/en_us/products/submit.html) was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

I can't get either of your links ROI, but isn't that we're all doing with the Google taxonomy and the new requirements, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
                    404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /prdhp) was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /intl/en_us/products/submit.html) was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

I can't get either of your links ROI, but isn't that we're all doing with the Google taxonomy and the new requirements, etc?
                    First, The links are fixed.

The initial questions was can anyone help "9OTB" drive additional traffic to his site and that had had used AdWords without any success. You'd be surprised how many people have never heard of Google Products, Google Base or whatever you want to call it. And even less people know about product extensions within AdWords.

As far as the Google taxonomy requirement changes, while they have been cumbersome for some, Google has some great documents out there describing every attribute for the feed. Google Product Feed Specs

Comment

Google taxonomy is for no one else but Google. It let's the products be categorized in common categories for all Google feed users for the use of their tool bar which shows the competitions prices. Without the taxonomy there is no common category between all submitters that they can tag and arrange.
                      David
                      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Perhaps we need a "vendors" forum, to separate the spam.

BP

Comment

Working...
                        X