Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Data Feed Issues

Hi everyone,

I recently opened my web store Welcome to 1000 Personalized Gifts - and I'm trying to upload my product data to Google. So I go to Marketing -> Shopping Engines -> Google Product Search, then click the Generate Feed that brings up the Export Complete page where you can select Click here to download the export file. When I click there it just brings the product data feed in another tab vs giving me the option to download. I've also right clicked the link and it doesn't give me Save File, just Save Link which doesn't work when I try to upload it to Google. If anyone has any ideas on what I need to do to get my products uploaded it be grateful. Thanks

Originally posted by 1000PersonalizedGIfts View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently opened my web store Welcome to 1000 Personalized Gifts - and I'm trying to upload my product data to Google. So I go to Marketing -> Shopping Engines -> Google Product Search, then click the Generate Feed that brings up the Export Complete page where you can select Click here to download the export file. When I click there it just brings the product data feed in another tab vs giving me the option to download. I've also right clicked the link and it doesn't give me Save File, just Save Link which doesn't work when I try to upload it to Google. If anyone has any ideas on what I need to do to get my products uploaded it be grateful. Thanks
    When you "Click here to download export file" (and the other tab appears):

Goto File in your browser menu bar
    Drop down to "Save Page As" - Click
    Save to the file name and location of your choice.

Note: I believe someone here has correctly pointed out that new files currently being submitted are limited to 500 items. We contacted Google and they increased that for us.

Comment

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
      When you "Click here to download export file" (and the other tab appears):

Goto File in your browser menu bar
      Drop down to "Save Page As" - Click
      Save to the file name and location of your choice.

Note: I believe someone here has correctly pointed out that new files currently being submitted are limited to 500 items. We contacted Google and they increased that for us.
      Thanks for the help g1gallery! But now I has new questions XD

You said that our item upload has increased over 500, to unlimited or another fixed number like 1000 or something? When I get over that item amount what do I have to do to upload?

Now on the good product upload side, when I go to upload the txt file with my products it keeps telling me that no products were uploaded do to an extra tab error. "This item has an extra tab between the description and image link attributes. This causes all of the information following the description to appear in the wrong attribute." Is what it tells me and Ive looked through it and for the life of me have no idea whats wrong.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Ok Ive gotten it all figured out. Thanks again

Comment

extra tab

Originally posted by 1000PersonalizedGIfts View Post
          Thanks for the help g1gallery! But now I has new questions XD

You said that our item upload has increased over 500, to unlimited or another fixed number like 1000 or something? When I get over that item amount what do I have to do to upload?

Now on the good product upload side, when I go to upload the txt file with my products it keeps telling me that no products were uploaded do to an extra tab error. "This item has an extra tab between the description and image link attributes. This causes all of the information following the description to appear in the wrong attribute." Is what it tells me and Ive looked through it and for the life of me have no idea whats wrong.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Hello,
          Would you mind telling me how your fixed the extra tab error? I have the same error showing on 95 items. Also, it keeps telling me my expiration date is in the wrong format. But it show "2012-03-12". Which appears to be the correct format. Should I take off the expiration date?

I am very new to this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, M
          Marsha,

Comment

We just got that Date error too. Have been submitting for over a year now via 3dcart. I don't recall that date had to have minutes and seconds as well.
            YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss

Maybe something is going on at Google? Maybe something changed on 3dcart?

Anyone else have this?
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com
            Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by mac411 View Post
              Hello,
              Also, it keeps telling me my expiration date is in the wrong format. But it show "2012-03-12". Which appears to be the correct format. Should I take off the expiration date?
              Take off the expiration date, it will default to 30days. Or format it to YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss
              Don't forget the "T" in the middle, the time can be 00:00:00
              Elegant Weddings +
              www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
              www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Disregard my question. My error.
                kem
                AddressNumbers.com
                Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Working...
                X