Generating a Bing product feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generating a Bing product feed

Does anybody know where to find the Bing product feed?

I saw it before and generated one which had errors.

I now went back to generate a new one and fix the errors and cannot
    find it.

I went to Marketing--Shopping Engines and it is not listed there.

Thanks
    www.pcpartsetc.com

Hmmm I could only find the Bing/Yahoo ad center on the drop down for marketing now. In the support area it shows the old Bing Cashback instructions, but that's gone.

I contacted support and was provided some information:

Code:
     due to a request from Microsoft the Bing feed generator has been temporarily taken down. They have notified us that we will be able to put it back online at some point but have yet to provide us with an ETA.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

I thought I was going crazy because I had seen it before
      and then it was gone.

Well I guess we will have to wait.
      www.pcpartsetc.com

Comment

Bing

Originally posted by GDCity View Post
        Thank you for your help.

I thought I was going crazy because I had seen it before
        and then it was gone.

Well I guess we will have to wait.
        Not sure why they had to remove it, but don't wait for them. Godata feed has a 30 day .99 trial offer. You can have them do a bing setup and feed for the next 30 days and then keep the subscription or cancel and use their feed setup as a guide to do your own through 3dcart export.

Sunshine Daydream Hippie Shop
        www.sunshinedaydream.biz

Comment

I customized the Shopping.com feed to generate one to Bing specifications, because I don't use Shopping.com. The FTP upload won't work, though.

Comment

Thanks for the info Sunshine.

cbsteven I think the feed you were customizing can only be used for them.
            After you submit the feed to them it will also appear on Bing.
            www.pcpartsetc.com

Comment

Not sure what you mean. There is nothing really special about the different feeds. Each one can be customized with different fields and headers, so I changed the shopping.com one to conform to Bing standards, and I pointed Bing to mysite.3dcartstores.com/assets/exports/filename.csv which it generates.

Comment

My understanding was that the shopping.com feed showed on Bing once you submitted it.

I know that they are not the same when generated which is what I meant.

I was easier to generate one directly from here and hot have to modify the shopping.com feed.
                I guess that now that the way you are doing is a workaround until we get the Bing to work.
                www.pcpartsetc.com

Comment

Microsoft contacted 3D Cart? Really? Seriously?

I'm going to try and ..... Never mind 3D doesn't have a part in this....

Comment

We're still working with Bing Shopping on the updated page, the feed is basically the same but the references to "Bing Cashback" which is no longer available have to be updated.

We should have the new Bing Shopping page and feed back by the end of the month. Sorry about any issues caused by this, as some of you already noticed, the Shopping.com feed will work in the meantime.

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
                    Microsoft contacted 3D Cart? Really? Seriously
                    3dcart is an active partner with Microsoft/Bing, we wouldn't be able to offer all our merchants the free AdCenter Credits if it wasn't thanks to this relationship.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post
                      We're still working with Bing Shopping on the updated page, the feed is basically the same but the references to "Bing Cashback" which is no longer available have to be updated.

We should have the new Bing Shopping page and feed back by the end of the month. Sorry about any issues caused by this, as some of you already noticed, the Shopping.com feed will work in the meantime.

3dcart is an active partner with Microsoft/Bing, we wouldn't be able to offer all our merchants the free AdCenter Credits if it wasn't thanks to this relationship.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Jimmy,

AH!

1. I knew the feed itself had not changed because I called Bing.

2. Support insisted the feed had changed - source of my discontent.

3. Did I miss an announcement from you? I may have you know. Was there one?

4. In reference to "Bing called 3D Cart?" WE HAD NOT received any communication from Bing about feed changes so why would you and not us as well? We partner with them too you know. I apologize if that comment sounded terse. But, we needed to get to the heart of the matter.

5. Thank you for the rest of the story.

Jon
                      G1 Gallery

Comment

Bing Feed

Jimmy,

You had mentioned the bing feed would be up by end of June. I still do not see it. Can you please advise updated status?
                        Last edited by industrialtoolcrib; 07-04-2012, 12:52 PM. Reason: type
                        Chris
                        Industrial Toolcrib
                        www.industrial-toolcrib.com

Comment

Originally posted by industrialtoolcrib View Post
                          Jimmy,

You had mentioned the bing feed would be up by end of June. I still do not see it. Can you please advise updated status?

3D will give you several versions of why this hasn't happened. I've called Bing and what's more I've gone through Bing shopping to see who's there paying particular attention to what is in the URL's.

Seems eCrater can get this Bingy Thingy to work but 3D Cart won't. They know how to - they've got some serious game. But you'll never see this feature again.

As I was told on my ticket - do it yourself.

Today's the 13th - No Bingy Thingy and GMC going away. Good luck.

Comment

Any update on this?

I got a feed setup for TheFind now I'm trying to do bing shopping. Bing doesn't like the quote marks though and I haven't figured out a way around that.

Comment

Working...
                            X