Google Product Feed - Free Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Product Feed - Free Shipping

I'm trying to upload our Google Product Feed to the Google Base and cannot find out what to do about "free shipping" for products that have the checkbox marked as "free shipping" within 3DCart in order for Google to understand this properly.

Does anyone have an answer? I see the field for "free_shipping" in marketing -> shopping engines -> google product search -> customize. But I can't figure out what to put for Alias in order for google to read this attribute properly.

Thanks for your help!

You need three colons, country:region:service:price. If there are more than one price for the same item, separate with a comma
    US:::0.00

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      You need three colons, country:region:service:price. If there are more than one price for the same item, separate with a comma
      Ok, so my feed should look like this?
      Field
      free_shipping
      Alias

If the "free shipping" checkbox is not marked for a product, will Google just calculate based on ZIP of the searcher and weight from my feed?

Comment

Originally posted by SpringtreeM View Post
        Ok, so my feed should look like this?
        Field
        free_shipping
        Alias

If the "free shipping" checkbox is not marked for a product, will Google just calculate based on ZIP of the searcher and weight from my feed?
        I'm definitely misunderstanding how to do this properly...

Comment

You can go into Google Merchant Center and set up shipping rules there.

Then I assume you have exceptions to shipping, these you would put in the feed file
          I think the Alias in the 3dcart feed will insert that alias in every product row not just where Free Shipping=1
          So to do what you want you have to do some editing of the feed file and upload it manually. Replace 1 with US:::0.00 in the free shipping column.

The other way is use one of the Extra Fields and put US:::0.00 there for free shipping items. Then in the Google Feed, you will use that Extra Field for the Shipping column. (remember extra fields will show up in the listing page unless you comment them out)

A while back we just decided to go with Godatafeed and save ourselves the headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            You can go into Google Merchant Center and set up shipping rules there.

Then I assume you have exceptions to shipping, these you would put in the feed file
            I think the Alias in the 3dcart feed will insert that alias in every product row not just where Free Shipping=1
            So to do what you want you have to do some editing of the feed file and upload it manually. Replace 1 with US:::0.00 in the free shipping column.

The other way is use one of the Extra Fields and put US:::0.00 there for free shipping items. Then in the Google Feed, you will use that Extra Field for the Shipping column. (remember extra fields will show up in the listing page unless you comment them out)

A while back we just decided to go with Godatafeed and save ourselves the headaches.
            Ok Great, thank you for your help. So what I have done now is editted the export file in Excel and changed the column for "free_shipping" to be titled as "shipping" and any product with a 1 has now been changed to US:::0.00

Do I just leave the other products with a 0 for the "shipping" column and Google will read this to just calculate using my Merchant Center settings and calculate based on the weight and the searcher's ZIP?

Comment

Instead of leaving a 0 for products that are not "free shipping", I left those fields blank. But for the products that exported with a 1, I changed to US:::0.00

I think this worked but I won't know for sure until they go through the review process.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
              X