Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPC-specific product listings

Hello all!

This is my first post in the forums, so have mercy on me if something like this is posted elsewhere, I did look but couldn't find anything.

So I just recently went through the process of overhauling our website as well getting the .3dcartstores out of our http:// URLs, and am currently setting up our PPC campaigns within Google Adwords. I was wondering if there is any way to set up individual product categories that I can link to as a landing page for PPC traffic. I know that Google Analytics can give me all of the information I need, but I like to have a 'hard-wired' way to know where sales are coming from.

An example of this would go like this:

1. Someone searches keyword that triggers my ad.
    2. Ad copy says 'Organization X Product type A variants, click here!" (not the real copy, no worries!)
    3. Destination URL lands them at a category page that includes the variants of a certain product type, like Organization X flags.
    4. The category would include copies of product listings, but the ID/SKUs would include a (PPC) so when the order comes through I know it came from our paid search campaign.
    5. Here's the kicker: I want to be able to display multiple products on the landing page like a category, but be able to hide the category from organic traffic so I don't skew my metrics.

Right now I have been able to effectively hide an individual product from organic traffic by linking to it and making it 'non-searchable', but I haven't been able to make an entire category non-searchable. A second thought was to make a subcategory from the top level category and hide it, then a sub-subcategory and have that unhidden. I couldn't get this to work. Again, I know Google Analytics could give me all of this information no problem, but would like to find a 'hard-wired' workaround for the time being.

Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by SGRetail; 08-05-2014, 11:46 AM.
Working...
X