3dcart's Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart's Blog

I was hoping to be able to use the 3dcart blog since moving my website here about 4 months ago, but I continue to see issues in my Google Webmaters tool accounts for "duplicate" content all relating to blog pages etc. . Does anyone have any tips for using the 3dcart blog and not getting "duplicate" content issues showing up with Google? Maybe I need to turn off some page settings...just at a lost. My next thought is to just move my blog to a WP set up, but this is more work for me. :)

Thanks in advance!

In the create article screen click the SEO button you'll then see a box where you type the title that will used the page. If you go back to all of your posts and make sure they have a title in the box it should clear it up. At least that's what I remember...

Comment

Blog- Duplicate Content

Originally posted by Shopguy View Post
      In the create article screen click the SEO button you'll then see a box where you type the title that will used the page. If you go back to all of your posts and make sure they have a title in the box it should clear it up. At least that's what I remember...
      --------------
      Thanks Shopguy....that's already in place and each "article" has it's own title and meta description so it doesn't look like that is the problem. I looked at the settings and "checked off "hide archives" as pages address like blog_archive etc. are showing up in my webmaster tools as having the duplicate content.

Any other suggestions....?

Comment

I misread at first. I thought you were referring to duplicate title tags. As far as duplicate content, I've never had an issue with that myself. Are your blogs post all very similar? Can you vary the wording a bit from post to post.

My blog posts are all unique and I've never gotten a message from google about duplicate content in WMT. Which leads me to believe that it isn't a settings issue on the 3dCart side of things.

WMT doesn't normally report duplicate content unless they see an issue then they will send you a message.

Did you bring your old blog posts over from the previous blog? Is it possible that google still has the old blog posts as a different domain and thinks that your new posts on the 3dCart blog are copies?

A few links that may be helpful.

Duplicate content - Webmaster Tools Help
        Prevent Duplicate Content On Your Website With Google Webmaster Tools
        Reducing Dupliate Content With Google Webmaster Tools | Duplicate-Content.org

Comment

blog- Duplicate Meta Tag Description

Thanks once again- Specifically it looks like Google is saying my "meta description" for certain blog pages are a duplicate. So not the Title Tag and don't sure if the actual page "content" is being picked up as duplicate. I have about 107 pages indexed in Google and it's showing the problem for "7" of them all relating to the blog pages.

Thanks for the links! I had already checked out this one
          http://www.ampercent.com/prevent-dup...-content/9810/ and #4 regarding the archiving of pages might be accounting for at least 2. I checked the "hide archive" box in the setting for my blog and will see if that clears anything up in a few days.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X