Anyone Using eChecks for Payments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Using eChecks for Payments?

I'm using Authorize.Net as my merchant processor.

I recently received an email saying I was eligible to integrate eChecks.Net into my payment methods.

Does anyone use this as a form of payment on their website?

Has anyone heard of any pros/cons about this payment method? Particularly safety issues (more-so in terms of the merchant, and not the customer).

Thanks everyone!

Joe

We were looking at using Echeck.net as well through authorize but quickly decided against it. The biggest "con" of the echeck is its processing time (7-10) Business days before payment is cleared and deposited. The other matter is that there is still no merchant protection from payment dispute.

There is are still only a few ways of having guaranteed money without dispute. Cash, Money order, or what we are looking at intergrating now which is a western union option. The western union option is the best option especially for international orders. As long as there is a Western Union in your area to receive the funds. It is quicker than a check and as secure as receiving cash in hand. The fees are paid by the consumer sending the funds and they are trackable after the funds are sent.

Comment

We tried it- but not for long.

It takes up to a week for the batch to settle. Then we had two of them fail- even after the wait- and lost the money.

The fees are much lower, but it's not worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X