Errors with Paypal Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors with Paypal Pro

I set up Paypal Pro last week and am finding a large number of users who are receiving errors stating their billing address is incorrect. I have switched back to my old processor but am wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is a setting within paypal I am missing.

in paypal/profile/under security risk click payment receiving preferences. there's settings for various conditions including address match at the bottom. you may also have a risk control selection to tweak it further there.

Comment

Thank you. I will check this.

Comment

I just switched from PayPal standard (which I used from when it didn't cost a penny to accept payments) to PayPal Express. I had received a call from a PP rep saying I was doing a nice volume and they offered to lower my rate (percentage taken per sale) in exchange for switching to PP express. There is a difference in how the order is processed which they say results in better conversion of the order. I did do the change. So far so good but I had a few customers who didn't have the same billing email or phone number between the account at my store and on Ebay. Once they matched it was not an issue. You would want all the info to match for security purposes anyway but the errors on those few orders threw me until some searches and questions here and on PayPal helped me solve it.

Just my two cents.

Lon

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
          in paypal/profile/under security risk click payment receiving preferences. there's settings for various conditions including address match at the bottom. you may also have a risk control selection to tweak it further there.
          Thanks on your tip, Mondo. That is just what I thought... there might be some kind of correct matching for registering addresses to make it valid on my end.
          I guess that would be the real case, I will surely check on this and hope everything can be fixed right away http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif
          Last edited by satnavcompany; 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X