Clear All

• DeanP
    replied
    That's good news for me! Thanks, cbsteven

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanP View Post

In any case, I'm also new to 3DCart and I am interested in the original question posed in this thread:

"Does 3dcart automatically send the capture command... when an order is set to Shipped status?"

If so, is there a way to set the status to "Shipped" without capturing an authorization?
    It does not, so your second question is moot. :)

Leave a comment:

• DeanP
    replied
    Originally posted by perfumemart View Post
    I agree, the capture process should be automatic upon marking an order as shipped...
    See, that may work for you, but it wouldn't work for me. It's hard to say that something should be this way or that way because what benefits one can hurt another - especially when it comes to processing payments.

In any case, I'm also new to 3DCart and I am interested in the original question posed in this thread:

"Does 3dcart automatically send the capture command... when an order is set to Shipped status?"

If so, is there a way to set the status to "Shipped" without capturing an authorization?

Leave a comment:

• perfumemart
    replied
    I agree, the capture process should be automatic upon marking an order as shipped espectially when you ship lots of orders and import the tracking numbers at the end of the day. Right now even though we import all our tracking numbers in bulk, we still have to manually go to each individual order and click the Capture button. Tons of room for Operator Error.... The biggest problem is that if you forget to click the capture button on an order, there's no way to run a report to see if any orders were shipped and NOT captured.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    Originally posted by Loridori4 View Post
    I DO recall reading this in my merchant agreement TOS, way back when. For years we did not capture payment until the order shipped. We had a cart that captured payment when the orders were marked as shipped.
    Having the cart capture when marked shipped would be a better process than the current manual one. I know I've forgotten to do this on a few occasions and went back later when the deposits never showed up.

Leave a comment:

• Loridori4
    replied
    I DO recall reading this in my merchant agreement TOS, way back when. For years we did not capture payment until the order shipped. We had a cart that captured payment when the orders were marked as shipped.

But to answer the OP's question...If you set 3d cart to Authorize only, you will have to go in and manually capture payments in your merchant account or gateway. I already asked the same question :)

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Not a problem as far as my merchant account or Auth.net. In fact it's encouraged to stop people from over spending and leaving you high and dry when you capture a day or two later when an item is ready to ship.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    Google wallet, amazon, etc... are not traditional merchant accounts and have their own set of rules. I was talking about regular merchant accounts. Call your account rep or PCI compliance auditor and ask.

Leave a comment:

• ElegantWeddings
    replied
    Originally posted by wcsjohn View Post
    It's all over the place when dealing with pci compliance. I'd be surprised a quick google search wouldn't bring up a ton of hits on the subjet. It's probably in your agreements with your merchant account. They don't want the charge captured until it's shipped. This has been verified through talks with our past two merchant account reps.

This is FALSE. Couldn't find anything about this statement on Google search.

Most any online payment methods, GoogleWallet, AmazonPayment, PayPal. etc will not inform the seller to ship the item until the funds are Captured.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    It's all over the place when dealing with pci compliance. I'd be surprised a quick google search wouldn't bring up a ton of hits on the subjet. It's probably in your agreements with your merchant account. They don't want the charge captured until it's shipped. This has been verified through talks with our past two merchant account reps.

Leave a comment:

• SEMichelle
    replied
    It's easier to authorize and capture, but it's getting harder and harder to do this. Very soon, the CC companies won't allow it, except for electronic products.
    Huh??? Where did you learn about this? Source, please! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Information is based on what and where?

It's easier to authorize and capture, but it's getting harder and harder to do this. Very soon, the CC companies won't allow it, except for electronic products.

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• InsnWizard
    replied
    Save yourself the headache and just do an authorize and capture.

Leave a comment:

• dauckland
    started a topic CC Authorize only

CC Authorize only

Hi
    I'm setting up a new store using the Authorize Only setting for credit card payments. I'm using USAePay. Does 3dcart automatically send the capture command to USAePay when an order is set to Shipped status? Or must I manually capture the payment?

Dennis
Working...
X