Stripe for payments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripe for payments?

Anyone implement or use Stripe for payments? Right now I'm using Google Checkout (and have used it previously) but am looking at broadening options.

Thoughts if you have or are using it?

~Allen

Just bumping this to 2013. See if anyone has done this...

Comment

As far as I can tell from glancing at Stripe's website, it would require that 3DCart support it. I don't think it is possible to install on your own.

Comment

Wow...all of this can be accomplished in 5 minutes? Really?

So You Want to Accept Credit Cards Online? | Nettuts+

Comment

Hah, that is kind of funny. Although really 15 minutes isn't that out of the question if you just copy and paste their code and know what they are talking about.

The "server-side script" step is the reason why you can't use it on 3DCart without their intervention.

Comment

Yeah after doing some more reading it would require server side work. So bummer. A number of other carts out there support Stripe out of the box. Hopefully 3dcart will get on the ball on this.

I did discover Braintree last night and looks like 3dcart supports it out of the box so we'll see how that goes!

Comment

Anybody using this since the seamless integration with 3dcart? I'm considering it, but haven't found much information on the forum.

Thanks!
              Kim

Comment

Our site is not actually live yet, but we have integrated and tested Stripe and had no problems at all with the setup. Their gateway is pretty easy to use as well.

Comment

Just note that they hold payments for 7 days and sometimes it is difficult to get a hold of them. I have a client who used Stripe on another platform as a backup...the setup was painless, but the 7 day hold was a pain in the booty.
                  Joanne Barker
                  VS Web Design
                  [email protected]

Comment

We switched from authorize.net to stripe last month. We did this because of the monthly fees authorize and the gateway were charging.

Our average daily sales are always about the same... So it was only the first 7days we noticed.

Another great thing about them is they refund fees if the payment is refunded (kinda like paypal).

Comment

No credit card method in one page checkout with Stripe

I switched from Authorize.net to stripe and am very happy with it. Yes, you wait 7 days, but it was painless and seamless to set up, their reporting is very clear, and for low volume it is a great price.

But I hit a huge issue. A customer called and said there was no credit card option. Then by accident he found that when he completed his address, the credit card option appeared.

The issue is that stripe is US only so it will not display as a payment option until the customer fills in the address. I think this will scare off my customers!

I went and tried it to see what is needed. I filled in the whole address and it still did not display. I hit refresh rates under shipping method and it still does not display. I cannot pay with a credit card on my own site!

3dCart Please default the country to US (It already is) and code this so it shows pay with credit card. Then if someone changes country it takes it away and they can use another method or email/call me.

I feel like I will have to go back to Authorize otherwise, and I really like stripe.

Comment

I just tried out site and the credit card option shows up before the address is entered.

So seems to be working OK for us.

Comment

"But I hit a huge issue. A customer called and said there was no credit card option. Then by accident he found that when he completed his address, the credit card option appeared.

The issue is that stripe is US only so it will not display as a payment option until the customer fills in the address. I think this will scare off my customers!"

I'm in the process of trying out Stripe. I've tested it with my own account and the charge goes through, but I'm having some other issues with it and I'm not sure of the causes yet. For what it's worth, the Stripe website says that you can accept payments from anybody in the world as long as they have the right card. The merchant has to be in one of 5 or 6 countries. Are you assuming that because the credit card option didn't appear with your international customer that the issue was that international payments weren't accepted? I ask that because I find that sometimes the credit card option appears and sometimes it doesn't, and that's just with me fooling around with it with my own account on my website. I have no idea why this is happening. Did you submit a ticket regarding that? I have a ticket pending on another issue concerning saved credit card info.

Comment

3dcart now partnered with Stripe

Hey everyone,
                            Just in case you missed it, 3dcart and Stripe have joined forces to offer you all immediate access to one of the best payment solutions on the market.
                            For more information about the partnership, click here.

If you want to learn how to install Stripe inside your 3dcart store, check out the following tutorial.

Thanks,
                            Bryan Shaw
                            Community Manager at 3dcart
                            [email protected]

Comment

No Credit Card Option

Just as a quick follow up to my previous reply, the issue with missing information not appearing at checkout was cleared when tech support told me to revert back to the original page 3 of checkout. I thought this was very interesting as I hadn't made any modifications to page 3 to begin with, but the bottom line is that it worked! You may want to try that before giving up on Stripe. I had my first customer use it this morning after I sent out announcement E-mails yesterday. For now, I'm keeping my merchant account as well, but if Stripe catches on and works smoothly for me for both domestic and international customers, I just may ditch the merchant account. Jury's still out on that, but it's looking good so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X