Customer Information Manager (CIM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Information Manager (CIM)

I have the Customer Information Manager enabled in my 3dcart store. Does authorize.net automatically know that this feature is enabled or do I have to contact them to get it to work? The final shipping cost in my store is almost always different than the one that 3d cart shows, due to size and weight of the package.

You have to enable the CIM in your Authorize.net account.

Your shipping question seems totally unrelated..

Comment

For shipping my cart might quote someone at say 15 dollars to send something out, but the final shipping cost may be $10. If CIM isn't enabled I wouldn't be able to go in and change the cost before the customer's card correct? I have the box checked off in my 3d cart store, just not with authorize.net

Comment

Like I said, you need to enable it in Authorize.net for it to work.

If you only need to lower the final cost of an order then you do not need CIM, you can just edit the final amount and then only "capture" that amount when you ship. If you need to raise the amount you would either need to get the customer's card # again, or use CIM (I think. Never tried doing that before).

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          If you need to raise the amount you would either need to get the customer's card # again, or use CIM (I think. Never tried doing that before).
          That's correct, we occasionally do that .

Comment

Working...
          X