3dcart's Merchant Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart's Merchant Account

Anyone using 3dcart's Merchant Account Service (http://www.3dcart.com/merchant-account-services.html)?

I have used PayPal Payments Pro for years, and Friday, they decide they will not accept payments for gun magazines exceeding 10 rounds! They FROZE my account! So, since the vast majority of my business comes from gun magazines, I must find a new processor.

3dcart's service seems reasonable at $20/month for a gateway and merchant account. Their per transaction rates seems on par with others, from what I can tell.

Do any of you have any experience with this service? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

David
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

My personal recommendation: stop selling magazines with more than ten rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
      My personal recommendation: stop selling magazines with more than ten rounds.
      Ehh.. I don't think we should get into that on this forum. It is a legal business to be in.

I do not use 3DCart's merchant services but I believe they are a re-seller for Authorize.net. I expect it will work just fine for you.

Comment

I just couldn't resist.

You'd still need to find a processor. Auth.net is just the gateway.

We use Merchant Processing Center 800-254-7171 and have been very happy with them. No one has been able to touch the rates they give us even though we have had many comparisons over the years.

Comment

If anyone can figure out the bill...

I've been using 3dCart Merchant services since I've started and have yet to figure out the bill. We're very small-time, so total charges for processing, gateway, statement fee, minimum transaction fee, auth fees, network fees, capture fees... well it comes to about 10% instead of the lovely 1.9% transaction fee. It's just killing me. I imagine they're all the same... but what a nightmare to figure it out.
          On the other hand, I've never had any issues with them and the handy iPhone app was useful when we were doing farmers markets.
          I'm due to make a phone call to them to decipher all this and see if I can do any better. Now if they only were open weekends.
          Put Some Spice In Your Life!
          http://www.redonionspice.com

Comment

redonion:
            We are also small and happy with Paypal payments pro for 8 years.
            No statement fee, minimum monthly/minimum transaction fee, auth fees, network fees.

Monthly flat fee $30
            $.30 per transaction fee
            Without looking I'm pretty sure it's 2.9 percent but could be 3.1 sorry don't remember but one of the two. 1% more for Int.
            That's it.

We also have a paypal debit card with it that gets 1% cash back that we use for everything so get that back for nearly every dollar.

Quick dirty estimate of a few months on the spreadsheet seems to be around 3.5% total cost for us. I'm guessing 10-15% is international here.

They do have mobile swippers/apps for android and pretty sure Iphone that as far as I know are free.
            Last edited by mondo; 06-09-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mondo - I'll have to look at them again. So none of these other cray fees? Wow - I'm into simplicity. Thanks much
              Put Some Spice In Your Life!
              http://www.redonionspice.com

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
                redonion:
                We are also small and happy with Paypal payments pro for 8 years.
                No statement fee, minimum monthly/minimum transaction fee, auth fees, network fees.

Monthly flat fee $30
                $.30 per transaction fee
                Without looking I'm pretty sure it's 2.9 percent but could be 3.1 sorry don't remember but one of the two. 1% more for Int.
                That's it.

We also have a paypal debit card with it that gets 1% cash back that we use for everything so get that back for nearly every dollar.

Quick dirty estimate of a few months on the spreadsheet seems to be around 3.5% total cost for us. I'm guessing 10-15% is international here.

They do have mobile swippers/apps for android and pretty sure Iphone that as far as I know are free.
                Ditto.

Not perfect for everyone, but not a bad option to investigate.

DaveW

Comment

Not perfect for everyone, but not a bad option to investigate.
                  True Dave, we do enough volume now that we might save a little elsewhere but with instant funds access via the card, the VT and easy book keeping we're good.
                  It's not a one size fits all thing.
                  Last edited by mondo; 06-10-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

The utilize USAEpay not Authorize.net

Comment

They FROZE my account!
                      I am not surprised!

Comment

Working...
                      X