Shopping Cart Problems since May 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart Problems since May 3

I have been having shopping cart problems for over 2 weeks now.

Has anyone else?

I have submitted a number of tickets on it, still the same.

The complaint is that they can't check out, it keeps asking for their email address over and over again. The other thing was they couldn't see the payment methods but one.

The 3dcart support people are able to check out, but some of my customers can't :(

Danita, You did not explain on which page the error is occurring, and the steps needed to duplicate the error.

One sure way to fix it is to restore your checkout pages to the default versions.

Go to Settings > Design > Template Editor
    Open the template, and click Restore Original at the bottom.

For single-page
    checkout-singlepage.html

For Multi-page
    checkout-step1.html
    checkout-step2.html
    checkout-step3.html

Of course you will loose any customizations you made to these pages. Back up your versions first.

Comment

I just want to cry, this is now affecting my sales :(

I was in contact with support again yesterday and they said it works for them.

But another customer emailed me and said that they are in an endless loop at checkout.

Who knows how many sales I have lost and no one seems to care :(

elightbox, I don't know how to back it up :(
      Will restoring it take away my payment methods?

Comment

You need to get more details from your customers that have problems. Find out what browser they are using, what steps they are taking. If you or support can't reproduce the problem, then they can't fix it.

Restoring the default templates will not take away your shipping/payment methods.

Comment

Awesome Aaron at 3dcart found the problem!

It was a script that went funky and a setting that was changed for some reason, so there were two problems.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Danita View Post
            Awesome Aaron at 3dcart found the problem!

It was a script that went funky and a setting that was changed for some reason, so there were two problems.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
            Hi Danita. Can you please advise more specifics on them?

Thanks,

BP

Comment

I don't know how to back it up
              The simplest way is to click on the code in the template, press CTL-A to select all, Press CTL-C to copy all. Then open Note Pad on your computer and press CTL-V to paste. Save with the name of the file and the date in a Back-up folder.

The easier way is to use FTP. You will have access to the files in your template folder (/web/assets/templates/default) and you will be able ti download them easily to your computer.
              FTP is also essential for uploading images.
              you can get a free FTP client here: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Basic FTP use is very easy, you just have to be a little patient in the begining to set it up. Read the 3dcart instructions below.
              https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9
              https://support.3dcart.com/News/News...s-for-june-1st

Comment

Paypal Problems AGAIN

I am having the same problem with Paypal, but it isn't Paypal! Paypal walked me through the entire process and we did the API again... no luck. It is on 3dcart's side... I am also paying for Google ads, the people are coming in droves, and I can't get them to check out. I have to try to "save" the order by contacting them, and have to send an invoice through Paypal. It's completely insane... Losing money by the minute and this isn't the first time.

Seems that this happens every time 3dcart changes something on the site... Wait until you see that you are over on bandwidth because everyone is trying to fix it but can't... I'm getting frustrated.

FIX IT!

Comment

Originally posted by themissingpiece View Post
                  I am having the same problem with Paypal, but it isn't Paypal! Paypal walked me through the entire process and we did the API again... no luck. It is on 3dcart's side... I am also paying for Google ads, the people are coming in droves, and I can't get them to check out. I have to try to "save" the order by contacting them, and have to send an invoice through Paypal. It's completely insane... Losing money by the minute and this isn't the first time.

Seems that this happens every time 3dcart changes something on the site... Wait until you see that you are over on bandwidth because everyone is trying to fix it but can't... I'm getting frustrated.

FIX IT!
                  Hi

What exactly is the PayPal issue you're having? Do you have a ticket opened already? If you can send me a message with the details that would be great.

I just want to help

Comment

Originally posted by themissingpiece View Post

FIX IT!
                    I found the ticket and replied to it. The issue was caused by and installation of a Nivo slider. The code had another jquery reference witch conflicted with the store's jquery reference. I removed the extra code and it looks to be working correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X