PayPal Invoices Indicating Paid, but not Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Invoices Indicating Paid, but not Paid

I accidentally discovered several hundred $s of invoices with expired PayPal authorizations that were not paid. The invoices in question indicated they were paid and had a 0 balance. There was not a capture button in the details. I assumed they were PayPal instant payments. Only by looking at the transaction ID could I identify the payment was pending. Since Paypal authorizations expire after 30 days, there is no way to capture or re-authorize. My only possibility of payment is to contact the purchasers and hope they are willing to pay months' old invoices.

3D Cart suggests I should structure my account for immediate payment rather than authorization, but this is unacceptable, since many of our items take several days to produce before shipping. The problem appears to be intermittent.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you resolve it? At this point my only option appears to remember to scrutinize any new invoice coming through with a 0 balance and then going into my PayPal account to capture payment.

If you use PayPal, I would recommend downloading a payment log and looking for expired authorizations.

Originally posted by testhealth View Post
    I accidentally discovered several hundred $s of invoices with expired PayPal authorizations that were not paid. The invoices in question indicated they were paid and had a 0 balance. There was not a capture button in the details. I assumed they were PayPal instant payments. Only by looking at the transaction ID could I identify the payment was pending. Since Paypal authorizations expire after 30 days, there is no way to capture or re-authorize. My only possibility of payment is to contact the purchasers and hope they are willing to pay months' old invoices.

3D Cart suggests I should structure my account for immediate payment rather than authorization, but this is unacceptable, since many of our items take several days to produce before shipping. The problem appears to be intermittent.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and how did you resolve it? At this point my only option appears to remember to scrutinize any new invoice coming through with a 0 balance and then going into my PayPal account to capture payment.

If you use PayPal, I would recommend downloading a payment log and looking for expired authorizations.
    Hi! That seems like a terribly unfortunate situation. From the 3dcart side there isn't a way for us to alter the way they (PayPal) handle authorizations. If you have a ticket on this issue, please message it to me.

I can reach out to the PayPal dev team to let them know that there are customers that are having issues with a particular process. I know this will not do anything for past authorizations that may have expired, but maybe they can offer some insight moving forward.

Comment

Working...
    X