Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Contact Mailing List

Hello,

I just wondering, who else that use Constant Contact for Mailing List? Is CC good enough?

I just join CC 2 months ago, and look good, because we can track who people click our links / open our email. But, they still have their advertisment in foot note like : Get it free, Constant Contact bla bla.

If some of you use CC, is there any way to delete that? Or is that maybe I use their template? I haven't try my own template.

Another question is :
    Is 3d Cart have a mailing list like CC? Because I saw on panel: Marketing >> Mailing List >>

I can't figure out that one.. :(

I heard that you can ask Constant Contact support to delete their link from your emails.

Comment

Oh, thanks, I will ask them..

And I just looked on Victoria Secret, KOHL's , and Vista Print (and all other big names) use : cheetahmail.com. But I can see the difference is :
      If you have some sales, the email could say : "this sale only valid if you through this email, click here"

Then, when I clicked, I saw my email like this :
      http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBJ...cm:[email protected]

So, the good thing is, we can get exclusive customers..

Comment

I have extensive experience with CC and i can give them nothing but praise.

The reasons big names use Cheetahmail is because they have millions of addresses and need to have costs and control in house.

For small to midsize companies, CC is fantastic.

Comment

I don't have any personal experience with CC...but I've heard nothing but good things. I myself use Vertical Response (similar service) and have been extremely happy with them. I don't really know why I picked them to go with, I think it was just that they were one of the sponsors at a business event I went to and the gave away 500 free emails if you signed up with them there.

-M

Comment

thanks we have been looking in to something along these lines. I wasn't sure who to contact though. Will give them a try.

JJ
            AC Tool Supply, Inc. - Chris / Jason (JJ)
            Insulation Machines
            Infrared Camera
            Blower Door

Comment

Hello.. I just wondering :
              Ok, since I joined constant contact, especially after we pay like $30s/month, the statistic raised and keep adding the new user.

I started free trial and just like 20 users only. After the trial done, we paying every month, oddly after we pay them, we have lot's of users add themselves..

And the interesting thing is: We have report, so we can see who opened our mailing list. We have 71 users now, but ONLY 20s users who opened our mailing list. FYI: When we have 20s users for free trial, people who opened our email about 15-18 users (like 90% of them)

Suddenly I'm thinking like: Is Constant Contact put their 'fake emails' to add users? Or if I'm wrong, why 70s users,50 of them not even look our mailing list, so why they subscribed?

I hope I'm wrong, but this is just my thought, and I like to analysis something really oddly, comment / suggestion anybody??

PS: I saw "Mailing List" Menu in 3dcart
              Marketing > Mailing List

Are you using this feature? I don't have any idea at all, since the "actions" tab is just for edit the information...

Thanks all ^^

Comment

Originally posted by DanDeLioN View Post
                I hope I'm wrong, but this is just my thought, and I like to analysis something really oddly, comment / suggestion anybody??

PS: I saw "Mailing List" Menu in 3dcart
                Marketing > Mailing List

Are you using this feature? I don't have any idea at all, since the "actions" tab is just for edit the information...

Thanks all ^^
                I have never noticed Constant Contact adding phantom users. We get very few from the signup form and instead used and opt in at checkout.

I tired of paying the $75/month for Constant Contact and started using the 3dCart Mailing Manager. It works fine, expect a little more work on formatting.

However, if you are on V2.2 of the cart, there is one huge drawback to their system: You cannot put a "Click here to Unsubscribe" link in your email and have it work with the recipients email. I contacted support and the response was that it is a V2.x bug and fixed in 3.0. Too bad my one store is not on 3.0 and 3d is not very forthcoming on any kind of release schedule. :(

I signed up with iContact to get through the holiday season and will cancel and move back to 3d's built in once I get on 3.0 on that store.

HTH,

DaveW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                  I tired of paying the $75/month for Constant Contact and started using the 3dCart Mailing Manager. It works fine, expect a little more work on formatting.

Can you (as well as any other 3dcart users) share a few of the major differences between using the 3dcart mailing manager vs. constant contact or other 3rd party email marketing program?

Thanks.

Comment

I have never noticed Constant Contact adding phantom users. We get very few from the signup form and instead used and opt in at checkout.
                    I don't know if they use it or not.. Ok, phantom, thats cool jargon, I didn't know lol..

I found : Mailing Manager..
                    I saw "New Newsletter" and if you click it, it will appear the message for newsletter.

If we fill out everything, and click "send" , is that email will send to our customer? if that is easy, so I don't need to use aonther email marketing right? we just need to keep our relationship with our customer like simply fill that function and send it...

Comment

Originally posted by ScribeTime View Post
                      Can you (as well as any other 3dcart users) share a few of the major differences between using the 3dcart mailing manager vs. constant contact or other 3rd party email marketing program?

Thanks.
                      Constant Contact has the easiest (for me interface). iContact is not as smooth in my limited experience.

With both paid services, you can design a professional email very quickly with no HTML experience, etc.

With 3d Mailing Manager, IMO, you need a HTML editor to do your e-mail layout and cut/paste the code into it. I was not happy at all with the 3d mail templates.

With the paid services, they have all the unsubscribe info, etc "built in" to any template. You have to add this yourself with 3d, and the aforementioned "bug" in V2.x makes an automatic unsubscribe link not work. Not having this is not only illegal under the CAN SPAM (sp?) act, but also subjects you to a bunch of recipients emailing the return address with unsubscribe requests. Don't ask me how I know...:)

3d is weaker on reporting. It only shows "opened".

3d does not have a way to automatically create a text version of the email, so you have to do it manually.

3d does not have any way to schedule a send at a later time, you have to do it "right now."

The broken unsub link in V2 is the biggest stumbling block for us, once they upgrade that store to V3, we will kill the iContact account and work around everything else to save the money. We would like to do a monthly email, with weekly in the holiday season, but often don't do this and for the 7000 list members we have, the $75/month for the paid service is painful.

HTH,

DaveW

Comment

DaveW,

Thank you very much for your detailed response - very helpful for sure.

Comment

Do any of these services offer email address verification? Not sure if that the correct term, or not? But - one of the issues we have (and we use the 3dcart Mail Manager feature, by the way) is the large number of "undeliverables."

Do any of these services automatically (or easily) offer a way to purge bogus email addresses or email addresses that are no longer valid?

Does anyone know of a free (or affordable) service that can validate an email distribution list?

~fr_k

Comment

Originally posted by www.frik-n-frak.com View Post
                            Do any of these services offer email address verification? Not sure if that the correct term, or not? But - one of the issues we have (and we use the 3dcart Mail Manager feature, by the way) is the large number of "undeliverables."

Do any of these services automatically (or easily) offer a way to purge bogus email addresses or email addresses that are no longer valid?

Does anyone know of a free (or affordable) service that can validate an email distribution list?

~fr_k
                            Ask and Ye shall receive:

http://www.emailaddressvalidator.com/

:D

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
                              Constant Contact has the easiest (for me interface). iContact is not as smooth in my limited experience.

With both paid services, you can design a professional email very quickly with no HTML experience, etc.

With 3d Mailing Manager, IMO, you need a HTML editor to do your e-mail layout and cut/paste the code into it. I was not happy at all with the 3d mail templates.

With the paid services, they have all the unsubscribe info, etc "built in" to any template. You have to add this yourself with 3d, and the aforementioned "bug" in V2.x makes an automatic unsubscribe link not work. Not having this is not only illegal under the CAN SPAM (sp?) act, but also subjects you to a bunch of recipients emailing the return address with unsubscribe requests. Don't ask me how I know...:)

3d is weaker on reporting. It only shows "opened".

3d does not have a way to automatically create a text version of the email, so you have to do it manually.

3d does not have any way to schedule a send at a later time, you have to do it "right now."

The broken unsub link in V2 is the biggest stumbling block for us, once they upgrade that store to V3, we will kill the iContact account and work around everything else to save the money. We would like to do a monthly email, with weekly in the holiday season, but often don't do this and for the 7000 list members we have, the $75/month for the paid service is painful.

HTH,

DaveW
                              Dave,

I have spoken to the developers about our mailing system and its something they may look into after version 3 is done and unleashed into the wild for every site.

Honestly, as someone who has worked with Constant Contact directly, the level of programming and work that they put into their product rivals the level of work that we put into just the shopping cart itself. For any mailing over 50 addresses, I would highly recommend utilizing their service. Their features, accounting, reporting, and accessibility is par none.

Comment

Working...
                              X