Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me, or did they stop teaching capitalization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me, or did they stop teaching capitalization?

At first, I thought it was an issue with the new version of the cart: ie: not maintaining "case sensitive" values, but, it just seems that more and more and more people just don't bother with capitalization anymore when orderring from our site. Not on their own name, their street city, nada! :(
    Am I getting old and intolerant? :p

I always "EDIT" the shipping address block first thing when an order comes in. I like the phone number formattted (XXX) XXX-XXXX and proper format for address and names and such. That way I can export and cut and paste the data properly formatted.
    But, I'm just not gonna do that anymore.....
    Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2009, 02:51 PM.

Case Sensitivity

Its isnt just you

I love people who send me email

hay do u haf ne cuvrs 4 tha rumers

Translation

Hey do you have any covers for the rumors

gotta love todays spellers

I realize i make spelling mistakes and punctuality isnt perfer but WOW

enough said

RDavis

www.firstsourcecellular.com

Comment

My Favorite Are People Who Assume Caps Lock Makes You Awesome!!!!

EDIT: Apparently the 3dCart Forums are so intolerant of all caps that it reformatted my post to capitalize only the first letter of every word. Still annoying, but kudos to you, 3dCart. Kudos.

Comment

WHAT I didnt hear you

when i asked a friend once why she was yelling after typing in all caps
        shes like its not yelling it just looks better

*shakes head

some people

Comment

I once had a customer who emailed me and didn't put any spaces in her entire note. Like this

canyoupleasehelpmewithmyorder

Huh?
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            At first, I thought it was an issue with the new version of the cart: ie: not maintaining "case sensitive" values, but, it just seems that more and more and more people just don't bother with capitalization anymore when orderring from our site. Not on their own name, their street city, nada! :(
            Am I getting old and intolerant? :p
            I would say 90% of my orders come in with all lowercase lettering. I was wondering what was up with that myself.

Comment

it's the decline of the western civilization......
              :(
              NO BODY GIVES A POOP.
              Things like capitalization, and such used to be significant, important, relevant, what have you.
              Recently, folks haven't the time, or need to deal with it....
              makes me wonder why they still put the Upper Case/Lower Case Alphabet and Cursize charts over the chalk board. Or did they stop that?
              I think the reason for all of this is it takes extra time when "texting" to be case sensitive.......
              Lord Help us.......
              Last edited by Mark; 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Wut?

<laughs>

Im a txt'r but I do not use abbreviations and I try to keep what I was taught back when

teachers were educated......

Im not gonna go into the whole thing and what happened why it happened blah blah

I just remember that whether its my suppliers or an account exec Ill fire an employee if they go lol when shooting off an email to one of my contacts
                harsh?
                perhaps but I strive to keep things running smoothly and as professionally as possible seeing the many foreign suppliers we deal with the language barrier is hard enough for them as it without having to try and decipher happy smiley faces and american culture

Yeah I know extreme but we ARE in america and if a person doesnt wish to work the way I ecpect them to and what was outlined in jod description..... Im betting I can find someone willing to fill those shoes

Mark
                teachers today expect nothing from students and will pass them no matter what they cant spell they have zero social skills most show up for school stoned or drunk

parents
                pft yeah right not anymore

RDavis

Comment

There is a reason for punctuation. Folks need to understand this basic concept.
                  i know. i've been thare. :)

Comment

I have a solution to txters who can't capitalize: get an iPhone! iLove mine because I can use the full keyboard to type complete sentences and it auto-caps the beginning of sentences (at the very least, right?). Now if only I could copy/paste.... :)

Comment

Copy Paste

Thats why I like my BB storm
                      Never had a BB before and had some learning curves
                      I think now if I didnt have it I might die
                      ok maybe not

More bars in More places?
                      Im not an alcoholic why would I care

RDavis

Comment

Working...