It's driving me crazy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's driving me crazy!!

I see them all day long!! They visit my product pages, and then they're gone!! Some don't even stay 5 seconds, and others its less than 30 seconds!! What the heck is the deal with that??

Do I have to put dancing elephants on there with flashing balls? Or maybe bozo the clown?? How about a flashing neon sign that says FREE!!!!

Any insight to this anyone????

We are in an awful sales slump. January, February, March.....ALL about 1/3 of normal! :(

Comment

I realize that.

I sold nothing in January, February was a little better, and March was actually pretty good. The best month I had since I started this website 1 1/2 years ago.

It's just frustrating that my website is the best its ever been, and people still jump like there's a worm on it!! I mean leaving immediately, what's the deal with that?? Is it that scary?? LOL

Comment

What I've seen on our previous sites is figure out which landing pages tend to cause the biggest 'problems'. Also, figure out where the traffic is coming from.

For example, lets say you have widget A. You have 5 customers that visit that same page, all left with an average of 30 seconds. Why?

A) Where did they come from? It's possible they were searching for something totally different - landed on your page and left.
        B) What key words are driving the customer to come to that page? Maybe the ad copy needs to be changed for different key words.
        C) Price, and a lot of other reasons could be the reason why.

Something that I'm going to try that I recently read from an SEO book, is to make a totally different landing page if you know traffic is coming from a specific source. It would work extremely well for a PPC campaign. Lets go back to widget A. You have your normal, dynamically controlled page for widget A - which is what everyone sees. Now, what you do is create a 'content' page in 3dcart for this same widget. Now, the design for this page should be specifically for the customer you are trying to target.

In a PPC campaign, typically it will be a customer looking for the product you are selling - but possibly could be price shopping, finding out more information, etc. So what you do is basically debunk all of these things right on this separate landing page you create. Do something like "Searching for Widget A?" in big bold letters. Have a link to the product page that a customer would normally see of course. Then, sell them on why that customer shouldn't leave your site.

Have a split screen - left talking about the product, the right side talking your site up. Have a list of reasons why they should shop with you (Same Day shipping, Rewards Program, Price Match Guarantee, Live chat available, etc. etc. etc.) If you have additional information about the product that would help sell it - this would be a good place for it as well. It's possible the customer could be 'searching for information'. Well - give it to them. Maybe a customer searches for widget A. You can say "Only Company XYZ sells Widget A. There are only three variations of Widget A on the market, which we sell all of them. Here is a link to the product page directly on the manufacturers website" etc. etc. etc.

Basically, take any reasons you can think of why a customer would NOT want to purchase the item - and put it right in front of the customers face each of those reasons - and how you solve them.

Obviously this could take some time to setup, but if you do a template - it shouldn't be too hard to replicate for different products. I would show an example - but I'm still waiting for our site to be designed by 3dCart =)

Just something to think about...

Comment

Originally posted by best costume
          A) Where did they come from? It's possible they were searching for something totally different - landed on your page and left.
          B) What key words are driving the customer to come to that page? Maybe the ad copy needs to be changed for different key words.
          C) Price, and a lot of other reasons could be the reason why.
          I really agree with you Chris.. Sometimes people googling and ended up with the web that not they looking for. So, no wonder if they leave right away.

Then, the first page / homepage is like the First Impression, when you put FREE Shipping is good, but honestly when I tried to go to your web, I didn't catch the FREE Shipping until I really look your homepage like 30 seconds.

Then, maybe you can put like one special page for sale, the 1st homepage you can put the sale products there, I can see now you put kinda pricey, maybe you can put some discount / sale with strikeout price.

You also can put the crazy wording like blowout sale, clearance, discountinued etc. If you don't mind you can check my website, new page put everything like you want them to know, like the free shipping, sale link, promotion, new collection etc..

Hope this helps ;)

Comment

You can say its pricey, but its in-line with what Amazon and other big retailers charge. In fact the kings of outdoor products charge more than I do, yet I'd love to see their sales numbers........

As far as the home page, just about the only people that see it is the google spider and visitors from this forum. Most people land on the product page, they might go to other pages, rarely the home page, before they either checkout or leave.

I may damage some egos here, but I think its the attitude of Americans in general. They have plenty of retailers they could buy from, but they want to get it cheap. It think its funny when I first started this internet business, I used DOBA, and they said we can't compete on price!! Maybe thats the only thing that matters in America........

Comment

Working...
            X