FYI - Can't access this forum with IE6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI - Can't access this forum with IE6

FYI - We found that we cannot access this forum with IE6 any longer. Happened with the site redesign. Can't view the threads. The error is cannot find server or DNS error. So, only with PCs that have IE7 can we view this site.

Hi Mark!

Have you tried submitting a support ticket regarding this? I'm almost certain that that would be the most effective method of letting the 3dcart folks know that there's a problem.

~fr*k

Comment

Don't have IE6 to test here, in fact, i just loaded an old laptop with XP, first thing windows update did was auto upgrade me to ie7, its like i didn't even have a choice, i guess Microsoft knows that IE6 is full of holes :(

I will try to find an old pc with updates turned off and ie6 still on it to test, but our goal is to always optimize for the largest install base, and ie7 is the current largest, as well as firefox 3, google chrome, etc.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I had to change browsers to post this, but, a quick Google search for "Internet Explorer cannot open the site. Operation Aborted" leads to coding issues such as child elements and parent elements with regards to scripts and placement within tags and some other such stuff. I would say 50% of our base is IE6/IE7

Comment

Had a "Whats in your wallet moment"
          Whats your web browser

I like chrome but it will not play nicely with Windows 7
          Firefox is great but sometimes I have probs with it and Internet exploder..... well 'nuff said there right? actually IE 8 isn't to bad

and I haven't downloaded the most recent opera or Safari

Comment

Well, IE6 is probably the most installed browser globally.
            I remember when we made changes to our commercial website years ago and it couldn't be accessed by IE 4.0
            That cut out litterally MILLIONS of customers.
            If folks think that all the internet shoppers and surfers are using IE8 or Firefox 11, Chrome or whatever, they are mistaken. Check the the stats.

Comment

"and ie7 is the current largest, as well as firefox 3, google chrome, etc"

But this conflicts with the reports!
              Last edited by Mark; 04-21-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

This thread is ff topin I will delete
                Last edited by Mark; 04-21-2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Test using IE6..
                  Edited Using IE6
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Mark,
                    Can you try now? I disabled some AJAX functions from the template and i am able to use IE6... Ie 5.5 still gives that same error you mention though, looking through vbulletin boards to see what's the issue.
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

btw, here is a cool utility to check your website on all the different browser versions:

http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

Only works on XP, didnt work on my vista machine :(
                      Gonzalo Gil
                      3dCart Support
                      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks for that link/. That a good resource.
                        Not sure why some IEs of the same number respond different, though.
                        I can't access from the office Maybe it's related to proxy.

Comment

Working...
                        X