Return Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return Shipping

Ok, I had another question come up......

I've had a few returns over the time I've run this website, but one of the biggest problems is getting people to mail their returns back to me. So, a thought occurred to me, why not email them a shipping label they can tape to the box, give it to a UPS driver, and it gets shipped to me. But, how do I do that with our 3DCART system??

Any suggestions anyone??

I think there is a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorizitaion) feature within the cart itself. You may want to explore that. if that is not what you are looking for, then UPS has a "return" feature. When you have an account, you can logon and process a "return" of a previously shipped item. You can (based on a fee) schedule a pickup for the return, email a label or US mail a label to the customer to return the item. We have used this UPS process several times.
    www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEagleOutdoors View Post
      I've had a few returns over the time I've run this website, but one of the biggest problems is getting people to mail their returns back to me.
      I am confused by this. How is it a return if nothing is actually returned? Or are they mailing it somewhere else? Sorry, I am just confused by what you mean by this.

Comment

What I mean is they call to say that it was damaged during shipping, or say oh yea I sent it back to you........

But, I never see it unless I withhold a refund or exchange until I get it.

Make sense??

Comment

Yes.

You can send UPS return labels to customers via email and they can print it out on their computer and tape it to the box. I think you can also send return labels with orders, and if they aren't used you get the money back, but I do think you have to pay like an additional $1 no matter what. The only thing is, if you make your customers pay for the return shipping, I am not sure how that would work, although I am sure it could be worked.

I really wouldn't be accepting a return and giving money back before receiving the return though. There is no incentive for the customer to return it, if they already got what they wanted. Plus, I find it suspicous that people don't send the returns back.

Comment

Instead of charging a restock fee like a lot of companies do now, they have to ship the return back to me paying for it themselves. An equal trade-off I thought. I was just thinking maybe I can do it a little easier.

Cabelas gives you a return label when you receive an order, but they charge you $7.50 for shipping if you use it to return to them. Just an example of how one company does it.

Comment

Working...
            X