Product Branding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Branding

We are a dealer for many manufacturer's but we also do market and ship our own products to some degree. We stamp our shipping boxes with our Company logo and web address. Looks very professional, too.
    We originally wanted to stencil or silk screen our shipping boxes but found a respectable inexpensive alternative. An extra large oversize rubber stamp and blue ink pad. We have stamped thousands of boxes over the past few years. Our stamp is approx 3" X 5" and incorporates our logo, service description and website url. You can design your own online or upload your own image.

Hope this helps someone. :)

Be sure to use the same color ink as the carton specifications imprint on the bottom of the box. Looks better that way.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-22-2009, 09:43 AM.

Wow, that is a brilliant idea.

Thanks,

DaveW

Comment

Yes, it works GREAT! :D
      The Stamp Maker is a great place to pick up one of these "wood handle" stamps. Fully customizable. Inexpensive advertising. Everyone that handles your shipment sees your advertisement/branding. We sized the stamp to "fit" the sides of our most common sized shipping boxes. The stamp should be proportionate to the box size to look best. Our stamp is about 3" X 5" and the box sidewalls are usually 4" high by 8" to 12" wide. We order bulk shipping boxes from Uline and most boxes's sidewalls are about 4" high. When we receive our boxes in bulk, we stamp the side of the boxes while they are still flat. It's tiresome, but, much cheaper than custom printing of shipping boxes.
      Last edited by Mark; 05-22-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Even on our larger boxes, we just center the stamp on the sidewall. Still looks great unless the box is HUGE! Be sure to stamp the sidewall that wont be receiving the tape.

Comment

Sounds great! I'd love to see a pic of how they look.

When I was running my online store, I also included a few moo* cards in with each package with a coupon code on it to save 10%. For every 5 that I included, I would generally get at least 2 orders.

*Moo cards are tiny "business cards" from moo.com

Comment

We also insert a Post Card (with current coupon code) in all our packages. We have a custom post card printed up from Vistaprint that we use for promotional mailings. Left overs go in the packages or on bulletin boards. We'll try to post a picture.

Comment

Here's a PIC:

Branded Shipping Box
              Last edited by Mark; 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

We did have our name stamped on all of our boxes, but were warned that it can be a tip off to those who steal packages--not just those who take packages left on the porch, but by those individuals who work for the carrier (UPS, USPS, etc). We had several packages just go missing somewhere in transit, and were told that for security it is best to ship in a plain box if possible. I guess if they have an interest in what your company ships, then they might be tempted to take it.

I know of several jewelry dealers who actually ship their packages with a big "Biohazard" warning stamped on them--really deters theft! :)

Comment

Sorry you had packages stolen. :( We haven't had that issue in over three years of our stamped boxes shipping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                    Here's a PIC:

Branded Shipping Box
                    Wow,

That looks really nice, clean, and professional.

Do you mind if I post about this in our blog? I'll include a pic and link back to your site.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dCartRobb View Post
                      Wow,

That looks really nice, clean, and professional.

Do you mind if I post about this in our blog? I'll include a pic and link back to your site.
                      Sure. It's an inexpensive alternative to silk screening or having a comapny imprint your boxes. It is especially beneficial for those with many different box sizes. We have to maintain boxes from 6 X 6 X 2 all the way up to 18 X 24 X 4 and 16 X 12 X 20 and all the ones in between. :o

We probably have a dozen different sizes all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                        Here's a PIC:

Branded Shipping Box
                        Too funny, Mark. I was always curious what your website was and after you posted your box label, I realize that I've been a frequent "window shopper" on your site.

Nice job on the site and business!!

Comment

Working...
                        X