Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook

We are working on a facebook application that will allow you to display selected products on your profile. If anybody is interested please send me an email gil @ 3dcart.com, we are looking for 5-10 stores to test the application with.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

we have a "business page" that is not really a profile. A business profile, from what we understand, is not available. As you must have an individual account profile and the business page is "associated" with your personal profile, would that work with what you propose?
    Our business page is where we would like our products to display, not on the profile of the individual.

Thanks.
    www.concession-supply.com

Comment

The application works on personal profiles as well as any pages you create, so I believe what you have setup is a Business Page which should work just fine.
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We will be interested. Our SEO person is planning on creating a facebook fan page, and this would be a welcome addition.

Comment

We have got this setup on our business page. This has exciting possibilities! We are tweaking settings now. Trying to get the best look and feel for our audience. :D

Comment

We had some questions on the implementation of the application. We have it setup, and is working well, but, need to find out if there are any settings that can be set regarding number of items displayed or how to configure what item shows in "the box". Is there a beta tester forum?

Thanks!

Comment

Working well now. Think we got it figured out with Jimmy's help. :)

Comment

can we see it? What is your facebook link?
                C Ekman
                Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

We have a link to our facebook site in our left banner.

A direct link is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Conces...om/84726299156

You will notice we have a left nav box with one item, and a tab up top for more of our items.

Enjoy. :)

Comment

Very nice! We'll be setting ours up this week.

Jimmy mentioned that we could setup a hidden category called something like, "Facebook", add the products that we want displayed on our Facebook page and then feed that data to the page.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the example!

Comment

Yes. That is what we have done. A new catagory, hidden, and added products to it. You can display up to 50 products. We chose 25.
                      We like it!

Comment

I wonder if we could setup categories on the page? So that if we wanted to list a full 50 products it would be more organized? The list could look something like:

Category 1:
                        Product 1
                        Product 2
                        Product 3
                        Product 4

Category 2:
                        Product 5
                        Product 6
                        Product 7
                        Product 8

Maybe the Category names could actually be subcategories within the Facebook Main Category.
                        I guess ideas to pass onto 3dcart...

Comment

I like that, we'll add a layout that shows sub categories. We do need to limit the amount of data and so if you have 1000 items on each sub category it could cause problems. We'll probably have to cap it say 10 items per sub cat or something like that...

We are also going to be adding the ability for you to add something on the TOP and something on the BOTTOM, (you could use html, or text,etc), so that you could maybe use it to add special coupon/promotions to those looking at the page.

Additionally, we are going to add an affilaite link ID box to the settings, so not only can you use it on your pages, but if you have affiliates, they could add it to their facebook pages as well, and get compensated for any sale they bring.

While development continues on this, I started working on a Myspace app as well, anybody interested in helping out on that one as well?
                          Gonzalo Gil
                          3dCart Support
                          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Count us in. hanoswords.com

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                              While development continues on this, I started working on a Myspace app as well, anybody interested in helping out on that one as well?
                              Yep, I would like to be in on this as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X