Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Sir/Madam

:mad:

Please, can we let the fraud scammers of the world know that it's the 21st century and we don't use the terms Sir or Madam anymore in the US! :rolleyes:

We have been getting the seasonal influx of the fraudster emails lately.... :mad:

Hello Sir/Madam,
    This is David Kelly from Lilburn, Georgia USA ,I would like to know if you do carry (insert specific product name here)In stock,If you have kindly let me know the sizes,and types so that i will check and purchase the one am interested ..And what are the price ranges so that i would know the quantity to order.I will like to proceed the payment with my credit card details .
    And provide you with a shipping company to schedules the pick up with you by picking it from your location to my new dealership in Sweden. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Thank you

Best Regards.
    Kelly(Owner)

These folks are Sooooooo polite! :D

And, they all talk the same, don't they?

Look at this one from yesterday......

Hello Sir/Madam,
    This is Tim Kalstrom,I would like to know if you do carry (insert specific product name here) In stock,If you have kindly let me know..And what are the price ranges so that i would know the quantity to order.I will like to proceed the payment with my credit card details .
    And provide you with a shipping company to schedules the pick up with you by picking it from your location to my new dealership in Sweden.

Best Regards.
    Tim Kalstrom(Owner)

Does anything seem remotely similar? :eek:

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your informative post.

Please deposit 1 billion dollars in my bank account.

Thank you

Comment

Thank you kind sir!
        If you furnish kindly your banking details we proceed to honor your request.

Regards,
        Owner

Comment

Poor Kelly,

It's been three weeks and he still can't find a popcorn machine.....:p

Just got this today.......

"Hello Sir/Madam,
          This is David Kelly from Lilburn , Georgia USA ,I would like to know if you do carry (Popcorn Machines)In stock,If you have kindly let me know the sizes,and types so that i will check and purchase the one am interested ..And what are the price ranges so that i would know the quantity to order.I will like to proceed the payment with my credit card details .
          And provide you with a shipping company to schedules the pick up with you by picking it from your location to my new dealership in Sweden. Hope to hear from you soon.
          Thank you

Best Regards.
          Kelly(Owner)"

Comment

We are getting an influx of these emails. Here's the latest example:

"Dear Sir/Madam
            My name is Terry Thomas and i will like to know whether u have Popcorn Machines and also the brands that u carry as well as

the most cheapest in stock.and if u do have this brand let me know the price
            Gold Medal Citation 14 oz. Popcorn Popper - M F

And also do u take credit card as payment as well.
            I will be expecting a email from you.
            Thank you
            Terry Thomas"

Wellll. DUH, we are a concession supplier!
            We carry concession equipment!
            We take Credit Cards!

and get this, check out the email address: [email protected]

WOW, Mister Terry Thomas!

Does anyone know what the schemes are about?
            Are they trying to do fraud?
            Is it a BOT?
            What is the objective here?
            Just curious.
            Thanks in advance.
            www.concession-supply.com

Comment

You can tell by the way they write that they aren't american, and the fact they ask you if you take credit cards tells you they are from another planet, could be venus or saturn, but don't quote me on that!!

I used to get the ones that said "not paypal", and they were from singapore.

Comment

It must be a BOT, but were just wonderring if there is any security risk with these types of schemes?
                It is obviously fraudulent source email and names, etc, that's a given. Just not sure what these frauds accomplish when they send out these feeler emails? For example, if you were to respond, then what? :confused:

Comment

Anytime you accept a credit card payment and you are not 100% sure you are sending to the same address as the owner of the card is a potential security risk. Usually in this case they are trying to buy high-price easily-resellable stuff on a stolen card.

Comment

Can we call you Jimmy!?

Latest one just in......

I am Mr. James Brown and i am contacting you to know if you do have hot dog machines for sale?I will like you to email me back if you do with the types and prices of the hot dog machine you have,Also do you accept credit cards as form of payment?
                    am looking forward for your mail.Thank you very much.

My Regards..
                    Mr. James Brown

....:cool:

Comment

This one received today! Look familiar? :cool:

I am Mr. James Brown and i am contacting you to know if you do have cheese warmer for sale?I will like you to email me back if you do with the types and prices of the cheese warmer you have,Also do you accept credit cards as form of payment?
                      am looking forward for your mail.Thank you very much.

My Regards..
                      Mr. James Brown

Comment

One of our latest, note the Sir/Ma;

Goodmorning Sir/Ma,

This is an order request from Max Group Corporation. We are in search of specifically consumer orders: such as Audio Visual Equipment,Laptops, Inkjet & Toner Cartridge, also computer parts and software:

We would be glad if you include other closer Products you have in stock, incase it matches our order. Also include your quotation/ prices, and your company credit application form/ other processes involved in setting a net term for us.

All response would be welcome accordingly.

Regards,

Max Group Corporation
                        Branch Manager
                        Last edited by lml; 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Here's the latest......:rolleyes:

Hello CS,
                          My name is Mr peter with
                          the peter-company Ltd And i am sending this email to your
                          business in regards to the order for some Hot Dog Table Top Steamer Cart
                          I need
                          In stock Just send me an email with the Types you have in stock plus
                          their prices for me to choose the One Want to Order So that we
                          could Proceed From there and also These Unit will be picked up at your
                          location when ever they are ready for pick up so send me an email with
                          cost plus tax without shipping so that i can know the quantity to
                          order Advise me the method of of payment you accept .I will be
                          Looking forward to hear back from you and working with you so that we
                          can proceed with the Order . Waiting for your Urgent Reply.

Best Regards,
                          Thank you.
                          Mr Peter

Comment

Just recevied this one today! Look familiar? :cool:

Am Mr.Samuel And Would like to order(Popcorn Machines & Supplies)and what would be the price for One so that i can Quote you with the Quantity i want to order..Also what types of credit card do you accept as payment..?Thank you and reply ASAP..

Comment

Here's this morning's email:

Hello Greetings to you and the Company well My Name is Don Scott and I will like to know if you do sell Popcorn Machine?And if you do email me with the types that you have so that i will let you know the sizes that am interested and quantity that i want to Purchase thank you

Best regards
                              Don Scott

:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X