3-day Money Back Guarantee?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-day Money Back Guarantee?!

So I have this person I'm working with in getting a 3-D cart set up. She was convinced to attend this full-day workshop about running online stores, put on by this other shopping cart service. Essentially it's a big commercial where they try and sign you up.

I did some extensive research on them, and at the end of the day they cost MUCH more than the likes of 3d cart, provide a much worse service (3-4 weeks to respond to support tickets), far fewer features, and from looking at the testimonials on their site and clicking to their stores (these are likely the cream of the crop mind you) it appears that their templates are MUCH less customizable. They look pretty bad.

They basically charge $300/mo and want it all up front for a year... so $3,600 to sign up with them. (and this is NOT the end of what they end up charging you.)

So I could go on and on, but let me tell you the real kicker... they offer a 3-day money back guarantee! (No, I did not accidentally omit a zero) Three Days?? Man, that's not even close to enough time to see if it will be a good solution for you... if it takes you 4 days to realize it's not a good fit, they keep your $3,600. I did NOT get this from some ranting customer on the internet, this is right on their terms of use.

Anyway, just thought I'd express how badly I feel for all for all of the suckers they're signing up. It's quite obvious that they're trying to sign up as many customers as they can, as quickly as they can, and really don't care about seeing their clients succeed.

No need to be specific about who these people are in this post. I just feel bad for those that get dragged into deals like that.

Good to be with the likes of 3DCart! Their 30-day guarantee is sufficient to see that they are a good fit. This seems to be an industry standard.

Don't you think the HIGH cost of this other cart along with such a short trial period is about the biggest red flag you've seen?
    Last edited by maksum; 11-09-2009, 04:08 PM.
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified
Working...
X