Fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts

Does anyone have a good place to get great fonts? I am looking for some updated styles. Free or pay site doesn't matter. (girly and stylish)

Thanks

My favorite font site is - http://www.MyFonts.com for high-quality fonts.
    You can search using a description such as "Girly", type in your sample text, and see it "live" on the site.

Comment

fontdiner.com and we have purchased and used their fonts......
      but, then again........we sell retro stuff :D

they have a bunch of freeware, too! :D

Best site we ever ran across for fonts.....

Comment

www.dafont.com is one that I use often.

Mike
        www.KarensCookies.net
        Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

We can only use the fonts in images that we create, though. Anyone know how to display the fonts in html? From what I have found, using these special fonts in html pages and pdf files wont render if the client browser doesn't have the font installed on their computer. :( The browser chooses a simialr sized font. Anyone know further on this?

Comment

That's about all there is to it. You do not want to use special fonts in text, you need to use "web-safe" fonts, ie. fonts that are found almost universally on all computers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              We can only use the fonts in images that we create, though. Anyone know how to display the fonts in html? From what I have found, using these special fonts in html pages and pdf files wont render if the client browser doesn't have the font installed on their computer. :( The browser chooses a simialr sized font. Anyone know further on this?
              Unfortuantely, there is no basic work around on this. When you choose a font in an HTML document, the browser checks the fonts installed on your machine and then displays it. When you put it online, and a visitor comes to see your page, the browser then checks THEIR machine to see if they have that font installed. If not, the browser chooses the next one in the list. There is simply no way to install a font on someone else's computer, for various security reasons.

With that being said, there IS a way to have custom fonts display on a website, regardless of who has them installed or not. The problem is, that its very tricky to implement and a pain in the butt. I will provide the link but we will not be able to assist, implement, or troubleshoot this for you. Also, our designers are not able to offer this as custom work so, be forewarned :) Use it at your own risk.

http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/sifr/

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.
                I am basically looking for fonts to embed onto pictures and whatnot, not for any text. Would others still have issues viewing?
                Websites like this: http://www.gap.com/browse/home.do?ssiteID=AT
                have fonts that are not on normal computers.

Comment

If you embed it into a graphic then there are no issues. The graphic will display the same on any browser/computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X