Brick & Mortar or ecommerce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick & Mortar or ecommerce?

Just curious those that have both which produces the greater revenue?

And, how each affects (positively/negatively) the other.

I'd be interested to know what experienced people have to say on this as well.

We are just getting our brick and motar up and running, looking at another month or so before we open our doors. However, when we decided to lease the space we're in we did so with the mindset that we could survive without a single local customer (we fulfill our online orders in this same space). Hopefully if our calculations are correct and our online sales hold up then any local business will be a plus.
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

We will probably be moving into a small (modest) leased space towards the end of year. Would like any tips or gotchas.
      We would be warehousing and fulfilling orders in the same space as well, however, we are trying to secure a space with loading dock as many shipments would be facilitated via pallet. Although we may have to lookinto a cargo lift in case we can't secure a loading dock, and shipments arrive without a liftgate! :(
      We currently use the Internet (duh) but it appears a 3G wan card would be suitable if cable or fiber wasn't available at the warehouse.
      However, at the same time, if we could secure both a small retail showroom that is incorporated into warehouse, that would be ideal. Not sure of the liabilities with a retail storefront, but, we are just starting the learning curve on that.
      Another idea was to colocate with another established business with like or complimentary products.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        We currently use the Internet (duh) but it appears a 3G wan card would be suitable if cable or fiber wasn't available at the warehouse.
        Datajack.com. I'm currently on month 4 of using it and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

Comment

Working...
        X