Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any feedback on Shopper Approved?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any feedback on Shopper Approved?

    Just curious if the $15 monthly investment proves positive.

  • #2
    I'm using it. Have been for only a couple weeks so take this for what it's worth.

    I'm feeling really good about it. I think it will be great for us. People have been pretty responsive so far about leaving feedback and rating our site.

    You know, if the big boys do it, it's likely a good move, and ratings and reviews are SO standard among the large companies that have spent millions of dollars on usability and growth research.

    So yeah... couple weeks in, but so far so good and I see myself using them for a long while.
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

    Comment


    • #3
      For whatever it's worth Google "friend connect" also has a free review with rating gadget that seems to be very good. We use the 'share with' gadget on our other site for email a friend, twitter, etc. Tried the reviews w/ratings and it works great but haven't found 'the place' for it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Using the free trial or the 50% off? Just curious. We may take a stab at this. We can't seem to get ANY product reviews in like two years!
        How intrsusive is the email or just how do the reviews get accumulated?
        Maybe it's not for our clientele. :confused:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Using the free trial or the 50% off? Just curious. We may take a stab at this. We can't seem to get ANY product reviews in like two years!
          How intrsusive is the email or just how do the reviews get accumulated?
          Maybe it's not for our clientele. :confused:
          I just jumped right into the 50% off full meal deal. I want to be able to respond to a negative review if we get one, which is only available with their full package.

          Basically on the "Thank You" page the shopper is invited to rate the shopping experience. You can also set a delay (I have mine set for 8 days) for them to receive an opportunity to further rate and comment on the actual delivered product.

          It seems pretty unobtrusive. Yes, it pops right up over the thank you page, but it's easy to dismiss.

          The one thing that bothers me a bit is that I cannot check out how the pop-up looks. They have it set so once one IP address sees it they will not get it. This also makes it so repeat shoppers cannot rate more than once. The idea is to make it so people cannot pad their ratings and reviews, which I agree with, but man, I want to know how it looks from different browsers, and see what it's like.

          I actually brought that up with them and they liked the idea of granting rights to one IP address to see it multiple times, so store owners can make sure it's working as it should. They said they might actually implement something like that. We'll see.

          Mike
          www.KarensCookies.net
          Cookie Decorating Simplified

          Comment


          • #6
            btw... funny story.

            We've had over 60 ratings and we have a single glaring 1-star review. Well, it turns out the customer is quite satisfied with us, but she gave us a 1 on "Would you recommend this site to a friend?".

            Her comment provides more information on why she did this:
            "It is not likely that I would recommend your site to others, as I don't know other folks who decorate cookies. If I did, I would gladly recommend your site."

            :) So yeah. Hard to be upset with someone, but makes me want to put a big, bold "Hypothetically..." in the question :)

            Anyway, just thought I'd share.

            Mike
            www.KarensCookies.net
            Cookie Decorating Simplified

            Comment


            • #7
              I saw that! :rolleyes:

              Some people just have no common sense, do they?

              It's like saying: "I use Brand A. You carry Brands A, B & C, so I only gave you 1 star."

              Duh
              Last edited by Mark; 04-15-2010, 12:28 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by maksum View Post
                I'm using it. Have been for only a couple weeks so take this for what it's worth.

                I'm feeling really good about it. I think it will be great for us. People have been pretty responsive so far about leaving feedback and rating our site.

                You know, if the big boys do it, it's likely a good move, and ratings and reviews are SO standard among the large companies that have spent millions of dollars on usability and growth research.

                So yeah... couple weeks in, but so far so good and I see myself using them for a long while.
                If you feel so inclined, you could write a review about the service and I'd be happy to post it on our blog for 3dCart users, and other merchants to read.

                Email me at [email protected]
                -Robb

                p.s. Your cookies always disappear within minutes of arriving in the office :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just found this:

                  http://www.ratepoint.com

                  Looks like a similar service that also offers some sort of email marketing services. They claim to be free, but I'm sure that their free package is limited somehow.

                  Anyway, just thought I'd share in case people are shopping around for a rate/review service.

                  Mike
                  www.KarensCookies.net
                  Cookie Decorating Simplified

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 3dCartRobb View Post
                    If you feel so inclined, you could write a review about the service and I'd be happy to post it on our blog for 3dCart users, and other merchants to read.

                    Email me at [email protected]
                    -Robb
                    I will do that.

                    Mike
                    www.KarensCookies.net
                    Cookie Decorating Simplified

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am interested in checking this out. We've tried to get reviews through bizrate/shopzilla but it has proven unsuccessful.

                      Do you this service in addition to the review options that 3dcart offers, or instead of?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SarahInc View Post
                        Do you this service in addition to the review options that 3dcart offers, or instead of?
                        I use it instead of. I've never fired up the 3dcart rating system. No reason why really... I just haven't thought about it.

                        Keep in mind that these are a bit different. I believe the rating system built within 3dcart allows people to rate and review specific products, while Shopper Approved rates your website/business over all.

                        Mike
                        www.KarensCookies.net
                        Cookie Decorating Simplified

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X