Very Slow Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Slow Site

Are site has become very slow and the admin is very slow as well. It is becoming much more frustrating to use. Is anyone else experiencing slowness?
    We openned a ticket and support says they saw the latency as well and escalated to 2 level tech support. Support says we need to upgrade our account! :(
    www.concession-supply.com

Yes, i can see this is something support needs to look at, the slowness doesn't have anything to do with the account type you have, most likely machine is very busy processing updates or a backup....ticket is open so someone is on it.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks! We thought something was different :)

Comment

Can you check your store now, just got word from a technician that machine was rebooted and issue should be resolved.
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

The admin panel and website are operating correctly now. The issue is resolved. :)

Comment

When we compare our site load times to other competitor websites, we do really poorly. This has been an issue for some time. Do other 3dcart site owners experience this issue? We are becoming very concerned at this point. Sometime the site performs very well. However, MOST of the time, the response is poor. For example, when conducting a search for items, three websites may come up. If we click on the other two that are not our own, the page laods very quickly. Then when we click on our own listing, there is quite a delay in page load. Is this a DNS issue or a hosting server issue?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...f4639b9e375fe6
            Last edited by concession-supply.com; 05-31-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

How you test your site and who you are testing against are very important when you ask this kind of question :)

Some of your competitors, may be using CDNs to host images which could speed up their site download.

Use this site, (this is what we use to test)

http://www.webpagetest.org/

I did a test on your store.
              Home page took about 3 seconds, but, it says:

The size of your page is 681 KB (document + images, etc)
              That's huge, you may want to compress some of your images.
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

maybe it's our DNS server response? :confused:
                Just not sure.

Comment

Our site is slow and unusable again. We've openned a ticket, but they can't find anything wrong.

Comment

Your site popped up relatively quick for me.

Comment

Your site popped up quickly for me too. Do you have another computer that you can test from?

Comment

The last time that happened to me, it had nothing to do with the server, but rather it was the "relay" (I don't know what it is really called) from my service provider (Time Warner Cable). Evidently, and you'll be able to tell my ignorance on such things by my terminology, the "feed" is sent from the server, and goes to a "hub" which then disperses it along several different "channels". When one of those "channels" is having a problem, then everyone receiving the "feed" along it has a slow response. That explains why some folks can get the site to load very quickly and others do not.

The last time I had this happen I was upset with 3d, because they couldn't see the problem I was having, and I didn't believe their explanation. However, the Time Warner folks could see the problem, and it was exactly as 3d said. So, I ate crow that day!

Comment

Working...
                        X