Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do NOT change your email address for the Forum!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do NOT change your email address for the Forum!!

Changing your email address for your Forum Account will result in your account being re-set. You will lose your "status" (note that we are now 3dCart Newbie) and your total number of posts will go back to zero (thankfully, for some reason, your subscriptions are preserved).

Also, with your account re-set to "new", you will be unable to post any new messages to the Forum until your account is reviewed by Admin (even though you have already verified your new email address by clicking on a link in the email that is automatically sent). This process is done once a week (unless you repeatedly request a manual re-set).

While all of this may not sound like a big deal, it is when you don't know it's going to happen (and you're instantly and surprisingly shut out of the Forums). Which is what happened to us.

I forgot to mention that when I made an inquiry regarding this issue, I had this response from Jimmy:

"I understand and are sorry about that. It's not a setting or anything we can control, it automatically resets accounts when changing the email address."

So complaining isn't going to change it. I just wanted to give everyone a "heads up".

Comment

Working...
    X