How do you get your server rebooted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get your server rebooted?

our site is dismally slow today and even timing out. We requested support to reboot, but, they reset the app pool. What is that?
    How do we get a fresh reboot?
    www.concession-supply.com

I'd say be persistent...

How do you know your site is timing out? It doesn't load at all?

Comment

Unless you are on a dedicated server, we will not reboot a machine on your command as that would affect others on it.

Now, you can report a site issue and we'll look into it, we'll test it from different locations, etc.

A reboot while may be the thing to do for desktop machines, is not necessary on a server that often, most machines are not rebooted for months (unless a patch requires reboot)
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

we have issues and have not received any updates on our high priority ticket. Should we expect a response in 12 hours?

Now, you can report a site issue and we'll look into it, we'll test it from different locations, etc.
        Yes, we did open a high priority ticket, but, it looks like it wont be addressed until 9 to 5 business hours. We need it looked at.
        Last edited by concession-supply.com; 12-07-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Yes, our site times out and pages do not load at all. Response is dismall at times. And, this is tried from different pcs. Reseting the "app pool" is not a sufficient remedy.

Comment

I tested your site from multiple locations, its pretty quick, but then again, dismall might mean slower than 5 seconds to you. Have you tried third party tools to make sure its not your connection? such as

http://tools.pingdom.com/
            http://www.iwebtool.com/speed_test

Resetting the "APP" will do nothing if the problem is between your provider and the server.
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Here is the report from google:

Performance overview
              On average, pages in your site take 4.0 seconds to load (updated on Dec 6, 2010). This is slower than 65% of sites. These estimates are of low accuracy (fewer than 100 data points). The chart below shows how your site's average page load time has changed over the last few months. For your reference, it also shows the 20th percentile value across all sites, separating slow and fast load times.

This is in accordance with my findings on the performance of this (our) website. It is obviously either overloaded with too many sites or not performing as well as some other sites. When I submit support tickets, generally, there is no performance improvement.

Yes, we are using pingdom so we are notified of website outages. Further investigation is necesary beyond a cusoury review.
              Last edited by concession-supply.com; 12-07-2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

On average, pages in your site take 4.0 seconds to load
                I would say that's pretty good for a dynamic ecommerce website. You are not hosting a blog or a single static web page with 2 images.

If you want to improve from 4 seconds you are going to need to look into having less images on your pages, consolidating .js and .css, etc.
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Our site has been timing out quite a bit today. We have a monitor ( http://protomon.badhim.com ) that checks the site and if that fails it checks our internet connection to make sure there is connectivity.
                  This monitor also checks other sites for us and the problem is only with our 3dcart site. I have been getting text messages every ten minutes that the site has failed, and then it is back up again.
                  We have had these failures on a regular basis, we contacted support previously and basically got "there is no problem here, call during a failure", which is hogwash. It does not matter what the logs say, if the site is not accessible, then there is a problem.
                  Tried to do that today but the support lines were busy! I sent a support ticket by e-mail but have not received a response.

Our 3d site has not gone live yet, and with all these failures I am not sure if we will go forward with it or not. Up-time is very important in e-commerce.

Comment

Have any issues with our server been identified? Has any checks been made on server logs or connections?
                    I have been a customer for over 4 years and website response is not as it should be. Are you discounting my findings? :confused:
                    If four second page load times are acceptable, we will be looking for another cart provider. The issues we are having are surfaced today. We don't need cursory responses that things have been checked.
                    Last edited by concession-supply.com; 12-08-2010, 12:03 AM.

Comment

The firewall has blocked site monitoring services in the past (thinking that they are some sort of attack) so you might want to find out the ip address of the monitoring engine and send it to support.
                      Gonzalo Gil
                      3dCart Support
                      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We still have issues. Tech support indicated they can view our website from third party portals all over the world, but, that is not the issue we are experiencing. It is not the connectivity from remote networks, it is the speed of page loads and image loading and page rendering. I give up at this point. I can't explain it further.

Comment

agreed

My site's been slower during the last few days too. In fact, it's been unreachable now for 40 minutes and 3dcart's not answering the support line. I'm not impressed.

Comment

We are having the same problems. We are on a dedicated server so it's not just one server that's having the issue. We are using Watchmouse for monitoring and its getting multiple timeouts. It comes and goes, some locations will be fine for a few hours then will get timeouts. It's not the page loading time that is the issue, its the initial connection. Once it makes a connection everything is fine and loads quickly. But initial connection is taking 3-4 seconds on average and is often timing out completely.

We are having trouble getting through as well to the main site or the admin page from multiple locations including our office in Miami with bonded T1s, my home with cable, and our remote employees in St Louis with DSL and Cable. And of course our customers are emailing and calling about the issue. Thankfully we host our own email in-house so at least they can email us!

I've opened a ticket, talked to 2 people on the phone and emailed logs and still nothing. Getting through to support has been very difficult.

Gonzalo, I spent over a decade in IT. I'm not an expert on these things like you guys are but I know enough to know this is a real problem. Our customers being completely unable to connect to our website is a real problem. My staff being unable to connect to the admin site from multiple locations is a real problem. Please, treat this as a real issue and get it resolved immediately. Our company pulls in half of our profits this time of year and 93% uptime (which is what we are showing now) is completely unacceptable.

Please guys, get this figured out. If there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to call me on my cellphone at 954-483-1948 or email me at [email protected]

Thanks
                            Last edited by lukiegames; 11-24-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

our site has been down for over an hour now. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X