Forum login time is sooo short!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum login time is sooo short!

Why is the login time when we are on these forums so short? It doesn't make sense that we have to login to write a post and by the time we have finished writing it we have been stealthy logged out so we have to log back in.

Why not either:

1) let us write a post and then login to post it.

2) allow the login time to be a reasonable amount of time like say 15 minutes or more.

Thanks,
    Ken

I do not have this problem whatsoever. I leave a browser tab open all the time to the forum and I never have to log in repeatedly. Are you using the Remember Me checkbox when you log in? I check that little box and I never have to re-log in, even if I close the tab on my browser and then re-open it up. Give that a try... :)

Comment

Ken,
      I am not seeing any "log-outs" either while on this (or any other) forum. Could be just something on your end, a forum setting, windows, etc. setting. Does it happen on other forums? Try piaf's suggestion, maybe that will change things ....
      Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Why is the login time when we are on these forums so short? It doesn't make sense that we have to login to write a post and by the time we have finished writing it we have been stealthy logged out so we have to log back in.
        Same here, I use FF

Comment

This just started happening to me recently. Before a few days ago, I only had to log in once every few weeks. I visit the forum 5-10 times per week. Now I have to log in every time I visit.

Comment

Originally posted by watchdr View Post

This just happened to me a second ago.

I had replied to a post, which was fine, and then I was looking at other posts, and at the bottom left, there is that box with the posting rules, you may post, you may not post, etc.

Well, I realized it was saying I may not post, I may not reply, and I thought, wait a minute, I'm a member, whattyamean I can't post? Then I realized I was already logged out!

No warning message, just suddenly logged out.

I had to log back in to post this message!
            Melissa

The Watch Prince

Comment

It's so strange... I never have to log back in unless I clear the browser cache on my computer. Maybe that's the problem... have you recently cleared your cache or do you have your browser set to auto-clear your cache each time you shut down your browser?

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                It's so strange... I never have to log back in unless I clear the browser cache on my computer. Maybe that's the problem... have you recently cleared your cache or do you have your browser set to auto-clear your cache each time you shut down your browser?
                Ok, had to log back in to reply to this post......

Hmmm, I didn't clear the cache today, no, but I do so occasionally.

I did checkmark the "Remember me" box this time when I logged in, so maybe I'll stay logged in longer, we'll see.

I use Internet Explorer, but never have the short logout time with anything else- I can usually stay logged in with most programs.

thanks for the reply though, appreciate the feedback!
                Melissa

The Watch Prince

Comment

Working...
                X