X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages to Customer of Shopping on a 3dCart Site

Hi All,

I wasn't sure which category this should be, so it ended up in "chit chat."

In less that a month I'll pull the plug on my current hosting service and go live with 3dCart (ready or not...!).

I'm going to send an e-mail newsletter to my customer base to announce the new site. The only bad news for them is that the account they set up on my current site will not carry over to the new site, including passwords. They'll have to put in their name, address, etc., again if they want to make a purchase. No big deal, really, in my opinion.

I'd also like to play up some of the advantages *they'll* realize as a result of my decision to change hosting services (i.e., what's in it for them). Here are a few I thought of:

+ As easy to browse as the old site. (I was on BS and it is quite easy for the customer to navigate. Many customers have commented on how easy it is.)

+ More efficient ways to browse and sift through several hundred products (with the sort by price, name or newness options).

+ Ease of redeeming gift certificates. (Really no way to do this on BS.)

+ Ability to forward to a friend.

Can you think of a few other immediately obvious reasons a customer would find a 3dCart Web site easier to use than others?

As e-tailers, we know the behind-the-scenes advantages, but I want to give customers a reason to look forward to it, as well. (Yes, lots of new products would help, too, along with a % off promotion to kick off the new site.)

Thanks!

AnitaN

Pardon my ignorance, I can't think figure out which shopping cart has the initials BS.

Comment

Sorry for being cryptic...it's Bigstep. Now that I think of it, using initials instead of the name didn't really serve a purpose unless you consider the Freudian aspect of the initials I used!

AnitaN

Comment

customer accounts

Originally posted by AnitaN View Post
        Sorry for being cryptic...it's Bigstep. Now that I think of it, using initials instead of the name didn't really serve a purpose unless you consider the Freudian aspect of the initials I used!

AnitaN
        if you exported the list of customers from bs you can email that to support and they will import them for you so then your customers will just have to enter their zip code as a password.

Comment

Working...
        X