Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to process an item exchange in 3D cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to process an item exchange in 3D cart?

Hello, I don't know if this is the correct area in which to post a question about exchanges, but I looked, and did not find what I needed (newbie to 3DCart!).

We sell watch bands, and occasionally, someone will purchase the wrong size, and need an exchange.

Or, a customer might receive a defective item, and needs a replacement.

1) I know how to create an RMA, but I am not sure how to email this RMA to the customer (?).

2) How is a new item then committed to the same order? or do you have to create a new/separate order?

3) How does one handle exchanges?

thank you for any assistance!

Melissa/ The Watch Prince
    Melissa

The Watch Prince

On the RMA screen there is a button to email the RMA instructions to the customer. Exchanges don't really work with the RMA system, though, much to our dismay. We have Exchange as one of the RMA options, but as far as inventory and such goes, it doesn't do any of that. We have to manually change our inventory and create exchange invoices in Quickbooks as the 3dCart system doesn't seem to deal with exchanges at all.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

This sucks

I gotta say, this has been one disappointment after another. I go to do an exchange for a customer who orders the wrong item, and find I can't do it without a bunch of manual entries and no real way to track it.

I really hope that I'm just missing something here! Please, if anyone knows how to process an exchange, let me know.

Thanks.

Comment

If they want to make a change prior to shipping you can just edit their order. After the order ships, though, you have to use the RMA system, or keep track of what is going on via the CRM or, if the customer isn't registered, just enter notes on the original order or the RMA screen. If there is a price difference, the way that is handled will depend upon who you use as your payment gateway. 3dCart is really, really great, but there is a steep learning curve that can take awhile. Hang in there.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
          If they want to make a change prior to shipping you can just edit their order. After the order ships, though, you have to use the RMA system, or keep track of what is going on via the CRM or, if the customer isn't registered, just enter notes on the original order or the RMA screen. If there is a price difference, the way that is handled will depend upon who you use as your payment gateway. 3dCart is really, really great, but there is a steep learning curve that can take awhile. Hang in there.
          I'm not saying it's not great, because it is! I'm just frustrated... and venting. I apologize for doing that in a public forum. I just think there needs to be more complete handling of RMA's. If the customer wants an exchange and after the RMA is created and get the items back from the customer, I should be able to open the RMA, receive the returned items, pick the items for exchange and create an order to ship them out right then.

Here's another frustration I just had. I got a CRM ticket on an order where I forgot to add a component of a kit, so I needed to send just that tiny piece at no cost. I could not figure out a way to simply create a new order for this customer for no charge, add a piece that isn't listed in inventory and get it shipped out.

What you say is very true, it's a steep learning curve. I've only been at this for two months so I'm a real newb. You can check it out if you have any interest, my site is at smoktek.com

I really appreciate your response and help. Thank you :)
          -Rob

Comment

Working...
          X