Miva Merchant + eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miva Merchant + eBay

I know this is rather "old" news, but since eBay is taking over Magento, we should be seeing a lot of Magento users switching over to a different cart. Maybe with 3D, maybe with another cart, who knows .... we shall see!!!
    eBay + Mmagento (or anything) = Dead Men Walking!
    Last edited by Barry; 07-06-2011, 06:52 PM.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    eBay + Magento (or anything) = Dead Men Walking!
    I love your assessment Dead, Blind, whatever, very true.
    When you run off your good clients It is understandable to buy another company for its client base, till they get run off due to......
    Poor folks at Magento. I see a new marketing ad for 3dcart to capitalize on.

When I hear the words eBay or Microsoft, I see a drowning ship.
    Each company is only as good as the CEO and views running it. What a shame! From terribly managed to missed opportunities.

You can't flex your arm and beat up your clients and expect to get away with it forever.

Welcome to the computer age!
    Last edited by Go Live; 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

run, very far and very fast from eBay if you wish to control your own business. If you wish your business to be controlled by manipulative, less than reputable folks, sign up for ebay. Just an entraprenuial opinion....

take care :)

Comment

Hello all.
        How sad for Miva and their customers.

Former ebay seller here...
        ebay kicked our butts and expected us to stick around.

First ebay hit us with the following-
        1) New rule after new rule.
        2) New fee after new fee.
        3) New seller restriction after new seller restriction.
        4) More and more "priveleges" for buyers.
        5) Rampant fraudulent orders.
        6) Pricing restrictions.
        7) Shipping restrictions.
        8) Limited billing options. (Paypal only. ebay owns Paypal.)

Then Paypal slapped us around with the following-
        1) Rolling Reserves
        2) Rolling Reserves
        3) Rolling Reserves

FINALLY
        ebay took our right to leave buyers negative feedback, which pretty much provided buyers the ability to do as they wish with no recourse.
        AND
        with paypal supposedly "fighting" chargebacks for us, we just couldn't take it anymore.

Dammmm, I think I hear violin music playing as I type this.

It's a shame, buying and selling on ebay used to be so much fun.

I sure hope ebay can get their shhtuff together.
        Greed is killing ebay.
        When they lost us as a seller, they also lost us a buyer.
        I wouldn't mind going back if the conditions were right.

My humble opinion,
        papa
        Last edited by papa; 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Major former ebayer. And what a nightmare to run thousands of listings.

When we did eBay our philosophy was "do it for you"
          Playing the listings numbers game we had listing for "pick your own color" Buy for $10 get free shipping, buy for $1 ship for $9, buy for $5 ship for $5
          after much hand slapping and muscle flexing we choose to leave.

Greedy eBay is tweaked! we now use adwords to replace the lost revenues.
          eBay can be used as a marketing channel for your website for those that still dare.

Go Google!
          Last edited by Go Live; 07-04-2011, 08:42 PM.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

eBay can be used as a marketing channel for your website for those that still dare.
            Yeah, eBay was once a gold mine for us. We started on there in 1999. What a joy it was - list it and it basically sold!

Now we use ebay VERY carefully. The new rules (double secret probation!!!) and fees are a disaster. And DSR's are a joke - one month we are Top Rated power seller, next month we are bad, naughty sellers. Then the following month, the roller coaster starts again - what a joke. Like I said, we use it VERY carefully to get what WE want out of eBay.

I actually do feel sorry for the people using Magento as they will be put to the meat grinder soon. Sad, very sad.
            Last edited by Barry; 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Well the good news is that 3dcart is about the Cart, the Cart, and the Cart.
              Hopefully we fit in there somewhere.
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Ooops, I messed up! It is Magento, not Miva that was bought by eBay. Sorry about the mix-up! I should have double checked my info BEFORE typing. I have edited the posts accordingly. Now I will just slither off, red faced ......

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  Ooops, I messed up! It is Magento, not Miva that was bought by eBay. Sorry about the mix-up! I should have double checked my info BEFORE typing. I have edited the posts accordingly. Now I will just slither off, red faced ......
                  LOL... don't worry, I think we all commit the same error at some point. Miva has not been a real player in a few years; they are kind of dormant now. I looked at Miva in 2003/4, but found it at the time not as good as Yahoo Stores.

I remember when Ebay bought Prostores, I signed up for it (2006) and it was a disaster. Nothing worked, no traffic and nothing but bills from them. I ran back to Yahoo Store and am now switching to 3dcart. I saw that Ebay merged Paypal and Magento together when our Paypal rep. notified me of it on the date of the announcement. The combined site is x.com, which I found strange as x.com is Paypal's name before they were Paypal (around 2000). I have no problems with Paypal and find them to be great with our merchant account. But I do not trust Ebay with ecommerce platforms; they have a way of screwing things up.

I was about to roll out our site last week with 3d, but will now wait until the upgrade. I don't want too many changes for our customers, plus, I'm sure it will be fun for me once the change over happens.

Comment

Working...
                  X