Bulk Price Change Uploads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk Price Change Uploads

Is there a way to complete a import of price changes, preferably to cost, based on my sku? I have submitted a support ticket, with no response - so I am assuming there is not an easy way to accomplish this task, nor a plan in the works to make it happen. I am seeking a means somewhat like the inventory update file which would allow me to plug in my sku, product name (if necessary) and price adjustment. Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by jez; 07-29-2011, 02:06 PM.

About two weeks ago, I was after the same thing & support advised me that the catalogue id was required when updating products.

Comment

catalog_id is the only mandatory column in the import, it is necessary to update the database with your information as catalog_id is the indexed column. You do not need to provide your SKU number again in an import unless you want to.
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

So basically everything is based on catalog ID, which I don't know of any means to change (matching it to my sku). Certainly that would make it too simple to be possible.
        Is there a way to only update pricing, even if having to use the catalog ID to accomplish it? Without affecting any other fields (images, desc, prod name)

Comment

Originally posted by jez View Post
          So basically everything is based on catalog ID, which I don't know of any means to change (matching it to my sku). Certainly that would make it too simple to be possible.
          Is there a way to only update pricing, even if having to use the catalog ID to accomplish it? Without affecting any other fields (images, desc, prod name)
          I had also asked them about making the sku the catalogue id...and was told it wasn't possible.

Would'a come in handy for my site.

Comment

When you use the import feature, only send the columns you want updated. If you only want the price column to be updated, send the mandatory column catalogid and price column

More details about the import columns can be found at:
            https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...&nav=0,123,125
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Originally posted by jez View Post
              Jez,

Have you done an export from your 3Dcart admin first?
              That way you would have your sku matched up with the product id.

Comment

Also if you would like to do your updates from the admin panel you can do so in

Products >> Multiple Update

The details can be found:
                https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=189

About the:
                I had also asked them about making the sku the catalogue id...and was told it wasn't possible.

Would'a come in handy for my site.
                Not sure how much you know about data storage, the ID columns to be Numeric is necessary, rather than a SKU column that is alpha-numeric.
                To match the catalog_id column to your sku column isn't all that difficult, just do a simple export of the products all the information will be available on the spreadsheet.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Ok - I think I'm with you guys here. I do an export of only catalog ID, SKU, & Cost....then match up the (1000's!!!) of price changes as necessary. Now how would I go about uploading only the catalog ID & price adjustment?

I attempted this via the "Products" import previously and made the mistake of only plugging sku & price...did update (thinking it would just update those 2) and lost everything else (name, desc, images, etc). So obviously, I need guidance in the upload - without changes to any other field - area.

It baffles me how this system is so wonderful in so many other areas - but my most critical area (price flucations based on silver market) is dead in the water! Certainly, I can't be the only person who thinks this is a necessity for ecommerce...

Comment

Bottom line is....
                    • Send the cataogID + only columns with updated values
                    • Send the rows with only the updates have been done
                    • make sure you select "UPDATE Only" when prompted.
                    This is the fastest way to update any large volume of products.

Knowing basic spreadsheet manipulation helps to make things go faster. There are several threads on the forum regarding imports and manipulating .csv files.
                    Elegant Weddings +

Comment

Thanks so much! I see what I was doing wrong on the upload was not using the catalogid.
                      However, I also wasn't aware that my business would need to conform to identifying my products based on 3d cart's catalog id. It's certainly a "special" feature to only be able to update my products based on their identification number (catalog ID), yet within the system to view, edit, delete, adjust or manage ANY other day to day function - I'm required to use my own sku. I'm not even able to search for a product based on catalog id.
                      I supposed this set back doesn't seem to bother other subscribers enough to require it. I'm quite frustrated by the fact that I'm about to have to spend several hours matching up over 10,000 skus and making a base file of this information. :mad: There's SO many more things I needed to get done today!

Comment

Would it help if, somewhere in the spreadsheet, you merged the cat id + the sku such as this format: (catalogid)-(sku)? Just a thought!
                        Last edited by Barry; 07-29-2011, 06:20 PM.

Comment

We've done comparison and merge functions before, but we've always used MS Access to get it done. You can import the 2 spreadsheets into an Access database (one spreadsheet from your supplier and one that you've exported out of your product file in your store) and then use SQL queries to compare the data, find the common data (the sku), and then update the price field accordingly and then export the resulting data as a CSV file. Once you get it set up in Access, you can reuse the SQL queries, but you've got to get someone who is proficient in SQL to set it up.

You could probably find some info online about comparing/merging data in Excel, but I think you'll have to use VBA code to accomplish it. I'm trying to think of an easy way to accomplish what you want, but I'm drawing a blank right now. I did find an Excel Add In program that looks very similar with what you're trying to do. Join (merge) Tables (lists) - by columns match in Excel - Excel Tips & Add-ins

Comment

I believe you can merge cells using Excel & a free add-in called ASAP Utilities.
                            I'm not sure if it would apply in this case however.

Comment

Working...
                            X